[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: The jones girls

The jones girls

It's so hard to find footage of these lovely ladies online but glad that I ran across this one. I really wish Unsung would feature them even though only Shirley is the only one left to tell her story.

Another clip

I know what you mean. The first time I saw them on TV was on a show called "Dance Fever" in 1979. They performed "You Gonna Make Love Somebody Else". They looked so, so good. I fell in love with them LOL! I have looked for that footage probably every since with no luck
    !

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    It's so hard to find footage of these lovely ladies online but glad that I ran across this one. I really wish Unsung would feature them even though only Shirley is the only one left to tell her story.
    OMG this is one of my favourites, I had no idea they ever performed it on TV! It was great [[although a bit short)! I don't know much about The Girls but have several of their albums and really like them.

Second video was a lot more fun. Always loved that song. These girls had incredible harmony. So sad that two of them left us so soon.

They were so talented. It is criminal that they never achieved any great period of success. Such beautiful harmonies that only siblings can achieve. I know Shirley is still active and keeps the memory of her late sisters alive.

Agree their harmonies were unbelievable! only listening to their tracks in the car, lovely sunny morning, window down and music like they produced were just Tops! agree I feel they never did get the complete Respect they deserved.

A big thanks for posting the videos and for bringing up The Jones Girls. Big fan here also and I also shake my head when thinking that the group is down to one. They are truly Unsung but they have their life long fans also.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Agree their harmonies were unbelievable! only listening to their tracks in the car, lovely sunny morning, window down and music like they produced were just Tops! agree I feel they never did get the complete Respect they deserved.
    Now that's what I was doing this weekend minus the top down. I have a sun roof but Detroit's weather has been so bipolar lately that I was riding with the heat on but their harmonies surrounded the inside of my car and all I could do is shake my head. Such angelic voices.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I know what you mean. The first time I saw them on TV was on a show called "Dance Fever" in 1979. They performed "You Gonna Make Love Somebody Else". They looked so, so good. I fell in love with them LOL! I have looked for that footage probably every since with no luck
    !
    Man, I remember that performance on DANCE FEVER. Wish that I could find something online with live vocals.

Man, I remember that performance on DANCE FEVER. Wish that I could find something online with live vocals.
    Weren't they hot?! Dressed to the nines and singing and moving like angels. Whew......!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Weren't they hot?! Dressed to the nines and singing and moving like angels. Whew......!
    Yes, they definitely were.

[QUOTE=glencro;516741]Yes, they definitely were.[/QUOTE
    I saw them backing up DR at Ford Auditorium in the mid-70s. I remember the stage was stacked with vertical squares and the Jones girls were the prominent focus. They sounded absolutely fantastic, it’s such a shame there is only one left.

[QUOTE=detmotownguy;516746]
    Yes, they definitely were.[/QUOTE
    I saw them backing up DR at Ford Auditorium in the mid-70s. I remember the stage was stacked with vertical squares and the Jones girls were the prominent focus. They sounded absolutely fantastic, it’s such a shame there is only one left.
    One of the sisters was hit and killed by a car a few years ago.

[QUOTE=marv2;516747]
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post

One of the sisters was hit and killed by a car a few years ago.
    Sorry to hear... how tragic. We just never know when we will be taken. I can’t imagine how Shirley must have felt.