[REMOVE ADS]

A Smokey and the Miracles masterpieve!

So jazzy, so lyrically on point....just so beautiful!

Good post, great song. Many of their album tracks were classics in their own right and I wish they would release this album on CD [[yes I have it on download but it ain't quite the same). Mind you the first time I heard this song was by the Jackson 5.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Good post, great song. Many of their album tracks were classics in their own right and I wish they would release this album on CD [[yes I have it on download but it ain't quite the same). Mind you the first time I heard this song was by the Jackson 5.
    The J5 gave it a decent treatment but SRATM's version is my favorite by a mile.

Lockhartgary, I agree. I much prefer Smokey/Miracles' version of "Darling Dear".

Mysterysinger, I bought SR&TM's "A Pocket Full Of Miracles" LP at the time of its original release in September of 1970 [[as part of Motown's massive Fall LP release schedule that year), and then I bought the download and burned it to CD about 7 years ago. Not quite as good as an official Motown CD release, but after creating an attractive CD cover on my word processor containing a small photo of the album cover and a respective tracklist, it beats the hell out of a faceless digital download. I hate to admit it, but, despite the consensus that downloads are 2nd-rate compared to lossless, Motown's downloads really are very high quality [[at least, to my ears).

Yep, a miracles classic for sure.