[REMOVE ADS]

Ciara on her Diana Ross inspired look at the Met Gala in NY last night.

I loved it and thought of Our Miss Ross when I first saw the picture!

Can someone explain what the Met Gala is all about?

Sure looked like some wild costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

This years benefit themes was CAMP. I watched the red carpet on E TV last night and loved it. Basically its a big dress up exttravaganza every May to raise money for the Costume Institute.

Thanks for that Roberta. Definitely looked campy.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

Yes. Someone can. Unfortunately for you that someone is moi. So. The Met Gala is supposedly a financial fund raiser for the Met Museum in NYC. It's usually timed to coincide with a major costume exhibition at the Met so along with the supposed financial fund raising there is a considerable amount of publicity to spur the unwashed masses to attend said costume exhibition. Now, since Jesus was a boy and I his sitter Anna 'Nuclear Winter' Wintour of Vogue magazine has been the eminence gris of the Met Gala, choosing the theme, the guest list, what type of blood [[I meant wine, but 'blood' is staying) is served as well as who gets as who gets to use a restroom and who has to simply hold it [[that will help you understand some of the odd 'poses' of some attendees). Now for years the whole $!itshow has actually lost money for everyone involved so at the end of the day it's a publicity cluster fudge with millions of dollars of inflated catering charges, limo fees, event staff, etc to be written off as 'charitable deductions' by the 1% instead of paying their fair share of income taxes. If you are interested I can also tell you quite a bit about the pre-Socratic philosophers who have been an interest to me lately.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 05-07-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Yes. Someone can. Unfortunately for you that someone is moi. So. The Met Gala is supposedly a financial fund raiser for the Met Museum in NYC. It's usually timed to coincide with a major costume exhibition at the Met so along with the supposed financial fund raising there is a considerable amount of publicity to spur the unwashed masses to attend said costume exhibition. Now, since Jesus was a boy and I his sitter Anna 'Nuclear Winter' Wintour of Vogue magazine has been the eminence gris of the Met Gala, choosing the theme, the guest list, what type of blood [[I meant wine, but 'blood' is staying) is served as well as who gets as who gets to use a restroom and who has to simply hold it [[that will help you understand some of the odd 'poses' of some attendees). Now for years the whole $!itshow has actually lost money for everyone involved so at the end of the day it's a publicity cluster fudge with millions of dollars of inflated catering charges, limo fees, event staff, etc to be written off as 'charitable deductions' by the 1% instead of paying their fair share of income taxes. If you are interested I can also tell you quite a bit about the pre-Socratic philosophers who have been an interest to me lately.
    LOL at nuclear Winter. That was definitlly her that Meryl Streep played in the Devil Wears Prada which along with Tootsie is my favorite cheer me up movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    LOL at nuclear Winter. That was definitlly her that Meryl Streep played in the Devil Wears Prada which along with Tootsie is my favorite cheer me up movies.
    RIGHT?? I worked in NYC's garment center during those years, even before MISS thankyouverymuch Wintour became a media bomb and the stories were pretty hysterical. I also met Andre Leon Talley out-and-about several times and he was actually quite friendly.