[REMOVE ADS]

My World is Empty Without You - fuTuRo Cover

I sincerely hope this is not too off topic but it may interest some of you.

I've always been happy on the other side of the mixing desk, engineering and producing artistes way more talented than myself. However, in my later years I've starting singing live again and have received tremendous encouragement for my efforts hence this rare appearance out front for me.

I love this song so dearly but always felt that it could also work as a ballad due the extraordinarily sombre and haunting lyric. I hope I have done it justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWXxrj1Eznc

Who is that guy singing? He is performing it in a similar style of Jose Feliciano's version.

That’s me Marv! I’ve never heard Felicianos version. I just arranged it the way I felt it.

Quote Originally Posted by fuTuRo View Post
    That’s me Marv! I’ve never heard Felicianos version. I just arranged it the way I felt it.
    You are kidding me? You sound great. Here's Jose's version:

a bit of joe cocker feel to me. different but good.
    i do orefer the recent supremes remix from a few years back where diana vocal is out front more and it s remixed as a balled. i think it was on motown remixed

You did an AWeSOME job singing My World !!!

Thanks so much! For somebody whose job it has been to get the best out of vocalists, Ive never been very confident in my own voice. Luckily I'm old enough now to not care too much and just sing from heart with what I have.

Thanks Marv. Jose is way more refined than me... I may have smoked a few more cigarettes

Thanks Marv. Jose is way more refined than me... I may have smoked a few more cigarettes
    No worries, you sound great. Many of us smoked cigarettes. Some of the greatest singers from the past including Frank Sinatra smoke cigarettes all the time!

Thanks so much! For somebody whose job it has been to get the best out of vocalists, Ive never been very confident in my own voice. Luckily I'm old enough now to not care too much and just sing from heart with what I have.
    Great job!

That was great! More please!

Teriffic. You really communicate the song so welll...and that pic of Florence! Powerful voice.