[REMOVE ADS]

Dolly parton, cher, diana ross & billie holiday

Cher & Billie were superb

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Cher & Billie were superb
    Yes they were, but i would expect nothing less from these ladies. I am going to see Kim and Debbie this coming Saturday. I just wish Kathy would join them. R.I.P. Joni.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Yes they were, but i would expect nothing less from these ladies. I am going to see Kim and Debbie this coming Saturday. I just wish Kathy would join them. R.I.P. Joni.
    That's awesome. I saw Joni & Debbie in Atlantic City a year before Joni passed away. The young lady Tanya who sings with them is good but I too wish Kathy would join them. I hope that you enjoy the show.

I have this whole show on VHS. I haven't seen it in years. Thanks Glen!

That's awesome. I saw Joni & Debbie in Atlantic City a year before Joni passed away. The young lady Tanya who sings with them is good but I too wish Kathy would join them. I hope that you enjoy the show.
    Thank you very much. I have seen them many times as a quartet, trio and duo and also Kathy as a solo artist. Lovely talented ladies as you know only too well glencro.

Thank you very much. I have seen them many times as a quartet, trio and duo and also Kathy as a solo artist. Lovely talented ladies as you know only too well glencro.
    I'm jealous...Never got to see them live as a quartet.

I'm jealous...Never got to see them live as a quartet.
    They were wonderful glencro. They toured the UK such a lot in the 80's. I was very fortunate.

They were wonderful glencro. They toured the UK such a lot in the 80's. I was very fortunate.
    I see that they are still touring the UK a lot and playing to huge crowds. I hate that the US never quite embraced them the way that the rest of the world did. They are doing an event on the 17th in the UK to play and discuss the entire We Are Family album commemorating its 40th anniversary.

I see that they are still touring the UK a lot and playing to huge crowds. I hate that the US never quite embraced them the way that the rest of the world did. They are doing an event on the 17th in the UK to play and discuss the entire We Are Family album commemorating its 40th anniversary.
    They were quite well known in the UK prior to the We are Family. Mama never told me was a decent size hit here, and they performed it on Top of the Pops in 1975. Love don't go through no changes on me was also a popular tune with the soul crowd. They continued to have hits when they had gone cold in the States. I am amazed they were treated with relative indifference back home.