[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Vandellas Acetate....

I just acquired this 2 sided acetate for the Vandellas release of Gordy 7036. After checking the production numbers from a stock copy I have I do not feel that either are alternate takes, but I couldn't be 100% sure unless I actually played it. I only plan on playing it once and only if I'm able to record it at the same time. My record player has the ability to do this, so I'm going to look into it.

At any rate, I was curious about the term "Hitsville Sound Studios". Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Is it just another name used for Hitsville? I have a photo of a studio rental sheet with pricing for the use of Studio A and related services, and on the front page it's referred to as "Hitsville Recording Studio, Inc." as well as "Hitsville, U.S.A. Inc.".

Thanks for any help,
    Darin

Name:  Wild One.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  76.4 KB

Name:  Dancing Slow.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  77.3 KB

Darin,

The Duplicate Master numbers [[DM) on your acetate are the same as the released versions [[AY-XL 104117/AY-LV-105024), so should be the same mix.

As for the use of 'Hitsville Sound Studios', this appeared quite frequently on acetates, and would appear to be just another name used for 2648 West Grand Boulevard.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks Paul for the confirmations, I appreciate the help!
    Darin