[REMOVE ADS]

join The Temptations / Together - Question

I have read somewhere, that for these albums the entire groups went together again in the studio, because they had both a lot of fun to make this project, so why they are these songs included a lot of Andantes only ?

Thanks for any response.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullfillingnessfirstfinale View Post
    I have read somewhere, that for these albums the entire groups went together again in the studio, because they had both a lot of fun to make this project, so why they are these songs included a lot of Andantes only ?

Thanks for any response.
    I think you may be getting confused with The Supremes and Four Tops duet albums?

i'm under the impression that the Andantes were added to the recordings, like they were for CW&P. but they weren't in place of M and C. if you're recording a group and there's 4 or 5 men and only 2 women, the overall sound won't be balanced.

In the Andantes book, I believe they said they were added to some of the Supremes / Tempts duets as well as some of the Supremes / Tops duets.

I don't know for sure but I vaguely recall reading that on some of these duets, Mary and Cindy were replaced altogether.

Cindy told me that not all the duets were recorded together but she never suggested she was or was not on them all. I didn’t think to ask. My Guy/My Girl and For Better or worse were not recorded together and not with Diana either. Those are the only two she singled out.