[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,650

    Elton john movie "rocketman" trailer


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I saw a preview of this earlier in the week and i thoroughly enjoyed it.

  3. #3
    What a legendary story.

  4. #4
    Cant wait for this movie.

  5. #5
    Sorry for the late reply. I watched the movie yesterday here in Germany. Elton toured at the beginning of his career with two Detroit Soul Groups, four guys and three women. Somebody can give me the name of the groups ? At the end of the movie you see a scene from the movie with the three young lovley woman together comparing with an orginal photo shot. I have tried to search in the internet - without success.

    Thanks for any helpful reply

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullfillingnessfirstfinale View Post
    Sorry for the late reply. I watched the movie yesterday here in Germany. Elton toured at the beginning of his career with two Detroit Soul Groups, four guys and three women. Somebody can give me the name of the groups ? At the end of the movie you see a scene from the movie with the three young lovley woman together comparing with an orginal photo shot. I have tried to search in the internet - without success.

    Thanks for any helpful reply
    Not sure about any Detroit groups, Fff, but I know that young Reg Dwight did tour with Labelle.

  7. #7
    Lessee, Freddie Mercury and Queen Bohemian Rhapsody). Elton John (Rocketman, not THAT rocket man!). Who's next on deck? Bowie (Stardust)?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Lessee, Freddie Mercury and Queen Bohemian Rhapsody). Elton John (Rocketman, not THAT rocket man!). Who's next on deck? Bowie (Stardust)?
    There is a film about Boy George in the planning stages, and i am sure the Bowie one will not be too far away.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    633
    Boy George ??? Good gravy. They can certainly push a formula too far ......

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Boy George ??? Good gravy. They can certainly push a formula too far ......
    It should be interesting. George reminds me of Elton in many ways. Very generous, quick tempered, kind and downright unpleasant all in equal measure! Should make for an interesting project. Ed Sheeran is interested in playing George according to my sources ! Imagine that.

  11. #11
    from Wkipedia:
    In 1962, Dwight and his friends formed a band called Bluesology. By day, he ran errands for a music publishing company; he divided his nights between solo gigs at a London hotel bar and working with Bluesology. By the mid-1960s, Bluesology was backing touring American soul and R&B musicians like the Isley Brothers, Major Lance and Patti LaBelle and the Bluebelles. In 1966, the band became musician Long John Baldry's supporting band, and played 16 times at the Marquee Club.[31]

  12. #12
    I saw this film last week and thought it well done. I appreciated that the actor did his own singing instead of lip syncing to Elton, which to me always sounds and seems fake, even though the actor can't usually sing the way the singer can. (Think Sissy Spacek in "Coal Miner's Daughter" vs. Jessica Lange in "Sweet Dreams.")

    A bit over the top and splashy, like a Baz Luhrmann musical, but one which still had a story line you could follow and some very fine acting by the principals.

    I was never a huge fan of Elton but I was surprised at how much great music he really developed over the years. The song given the most "play" in the film was of course "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road," and I think deservedly so.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.