[REMOVE ADS]

Temptations Musical ‘Ain’t To Proud To Beg’ Leads 2019 Tony Nominations!!!

I told you so...........hehehehehehe!

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/...y-nominations/

Alright Temptations!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I told you so...........hehehehehehe!
    You told us what? In another thread you criticized the show without even seeing it, based on clips that you saw on TV. Did I miss another thread where you praised the show and thus your claim of “I told you so”? I was confident that it would be nominated for Best Musical when I saw it, and was pleasantly surprised to see that it also got a nomination for Best Book for a Musical. To get a Best Book nomination is kind of impressive for a “juke box musical”, which relies so much on familiar music for success and usually ties the music together with a slight or weak book. This had a strong book. This is an enjoyable night of theatre for Motown lovers and Theatre Lovers. I am both. I loved it.

Maybe I should say, "I told you so" too. Hehehehehehe

I saw clips of the "Broadway Temptations" and they danced more like James Brown imitators than the Temptations........
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Well, it is a Broadway Musical, not a documentary. So one would expect poetic license for entertainment purposes.

This is one of only two "jukebox musicals" this season, and one of the best versions of that genre to open in years. The show is limited by its source material [[a memoir) but the music is great.

Tony nominations will be announced tomorrow, and I am guessing that it will be nominated for Best Musical.

I saw clips of the musical on TV too, but also attended a performance of the musical, and as a Motown lover, I actually enjoyed a wonderful night of entertainment and music.

If you like Broadway Musicals and Motown, you will probably enjoy this show

I saw clips of the "Broadway Temptations" and they danced more like James Brown imitators than the Temptations........
    One of the twelve nominations that Aint To Proud got was for Choreography.

Best Choreography

Camille A. Brown, Choir Boy
    Warren Carlyle, Kiss Me, Kate
    Denis Jones, Tootsie
    David Neumann, Hadestown
    Sergio Trujillo, Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of the Temptations

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    One of the twelve nominations that Aint To Proud got was for Choreography.

Best Choreography

Camille A. Brown, Choir Boy
    Warren Carlyle, Kiss Me, Kate
    Denis Jones, Tootsie
    David Neumann, Hadestown
    Sergio Trujillo, Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of the Temptations
    I saw Aint to Proud in LA and loved it.

The temptations in all their incantations are still...temptin!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    The temptations in all their incantations are still...temptin!!
    I remember that thread I had a while back called "Why So Many Temptations?". That covered all of their incarnations. They are truly a unique group.

Otis doesn't get the credit he deserves for keeping this legendary group relevant for almost sixty years,he's one tough dude as many would've given up long ago-long live otis williams and the temptin temptations in all their incarnations!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Otis doesn't get the credit he deserves for keeping this legendary group relevant for almost sixty years,he's one tough dude as many would've given up long ago-long live otis williams and the temptin temptations in all their incarnations!!
    There have been countless male vocal groups that started up in the 60s and many more in the 70s. Some of them made it for a while [[The O'Jays are an exception), but most only had a short run. I believe the Temptations have now outlasted vocal groups like the Mills Brothers, Ink Spots etc. Otis Williams is very tough to hang in there all of this time. He also has a lot to be proud of. I think he is getting his credit and recognition finally with his new, hit play!

Yasssss!!! So happy for Otis, Paul, Melvin, David and Eddie, and to everyone who has been a member of these Emperors of Soul. I'm going on May 5th!