[REMOVE ADS]

Mary wilson, lynda laurence reunion in vegas

I'm trying to attach a photo but not sure I'm doing this right. Last Saturday Lynda Laurence jumped at the chance to see Mary Wilson perform in Vegas with Scherrie & Susaye's manager Eric Iversen. Mary was most gracious to Lynda, introducing her in the audience, took photos with Lynda and invited Lynda to dinner later that night. Both ladies chatted warmly and made plans to see each other again in the future. So hopefully this will prove, especially to one member on this site, that there is no feud. Lynda was only in the group a short time, barely over a year, but she added class and charm to The Supremes. Aren't both ladies looking great?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

that's great! both look amazing. And let's not forget that they did work together on projects post supremes together. didn't they both do backups for something?

This is great news and also great was the nearly full attendance which all concerned are hoping to lead to more bookings in Vegas. Both ladies have two more gigs together next month on the east coast and hopefully everyone will try to show support. Mary also gas re-booked in Hawaii for another two week stint after her total sell-out last fall.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    I'm trying to attach a photo but not sure I'm doing this right. Last Saturday Lynda Laurence jumped at the chance to see Mary Wilson perform in Vegas with Scherrie & Susaye's manager Eric Iversen. Mary was most gracious to Lynda, introducing her in the audience, took photos with Lynda and invited Lynda to dinner later that night. Both ladies chatted warmly and made plans to see each other again in the future. So hopefully this will prove, especially to one member on this site, that there is no feud. Lynda was only in the group a short time, barely over a year, but she added class and charm to The Supremes. Aren't both ladies looking great?
    What a lovely lovely photo bayoumotownman it just warms my heart. Thank you for sharing with us.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Lynda was drop dead gorgeous in '72....that clip of Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet Love in the short front- tux back, low cut outfits??? Lynda was born to wear that dress!

The only place that it is ever suggested these old Supremes don't get along is on this forum, lol.

I wish I could say you’re correct but I’ve seen it being said on Facebook and YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    The only place that it is ever suggested these old Supremes don't get along is on this forum, lol.

^ And I don't know which is worse: Facebook or YouTube... I'm going with YouTube because... YIKES!

The song belongs to Jean, but for those of us smart enough / lucky enough to attend the 'Return To Love' tour Lynda did a great job with UTLTTR!

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    ^ And I don't know which is worse: Facebook or YouTube... I'm going with YouTube because... YIKES!
    Youtube has the worst filth in the world and some of the real ugly comments about Diana and Mary should be handed to there attorneys. I stopped reading youtube comments as Id get real upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Youtube has the worst filth in the world and some of the real ugly comments about Diana and Mary should be handed to there attorneys. I stopped reading youtube comments as Id get real upset.
    Yes you are right

There are 3 or 4 trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I have read some shocking comments on youtube. Not just regarding Diana or Mary. Some people have issued death threats to certain stars, and wished them a slow lingering death from a terrible disease. It is quite frightening that such people are free to walk the streets. Social media has a lot to answer for.

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    Lynda was drop dead gorgeous in '72....that clip of Your Wonderful Sweet Sweet Love in the short front- tux back, low cut outfits??? Lynda was born to wear that dress!
    Yes she was. A totally stunning lady. How i wish she had stayed longer. She could have been a real asset to the group had she been used more.

Name:  58578365_2324906107548269_8449919057582358528_n.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  60.4 KB

wow they look good !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I have read some shocking comments on youtube. Not just regarding Diana or Mary. Some people have issued death threats to certain stars, and wished them a slow lingering death from a terrible disease. It is quite frightening that such people are free to walk the streets. Social media has a lot to answer for.
    A few names ring a bell - twtr4ever or some such thing, Detroitlives and a few others; yes much more vile than our forum

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Aren't both ladies looking great?
    It IS! And isn’t it great to see them together?

A rule of thumb: maybe we should reframe calling out someone by name unless you’re ready to be called out yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    A few names ring a bell - twtr4ever or some such thing, Detroitlives and a few others; yes much more vile than our forum

I personally don't care for Lynda's voice [[ditto Flo & Susaye) as a main lead vocalist...she's a bit too piercing and sharp for me...I like her as a featured cut vocalist. She did some excellent solo tracks for Ian Levine...and I think out of the 20 tracks on the Motorcity label comp Supreme Ladies 10 are Lynda tracks....Forever Came Today, If This World Were Mine and Living With a Married Man are my favs...Lynda also recorded a lead on Love Child...I have the extended 12" version on another comp CD

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Karma is a bit*h my dear Bluebrock and anyone wishing death or harm to others even celebritties is in for a lot of karma unless the repent and change there ways.

thanks for sharing this photo

When I saw the photo of Mary and Lynda on fb I did a double take. I heard those silly rumors too glad they have reconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    I heard those silly rumors too glad they have reconnected.
    Just the hallucinations of crazy people.