[REMOVE ADS]

The End Result of My Car Dilemma

Remember my posting a couple weeks ago when I was asking for advice about which car to buy so that I could maintain a CD player because of my extensive collection? Well I took my time shopping but finally decided on the Subaru Legacy. I picked it up yesterday and so far am very pleased with it.

But are you ready for this? I also get a four-month trial subscription to Sirius FM music and well, let's just say that so far I have not played very many CDs in this new car!!!

Sirius is awesome! I experimented with some of the stations and so far in less than 24 hours, I have heard Honey Chile, First I Look at the Purse, Cool Jerk, Just My Imagination, I Never Loved a Man, and once I clicked over to a station just in time to hear the final five seconds of Needle in a Haystack.

So if the taste of these programmers is THAT refined, I just may have to give my CD collection a bit of a rest for a while! Does anyone know from experience what the cost is to keep Sirius after the trial period?

Yes, Sirius XM and Spofity are indeed awesome. I pay about $100 a year for Sirius in car and at home. Spotify is about $10 monthly. CDs are still wonderful, but ...

I bought my first car last week! It is quite old so actually has a CD player!! But it doesn't have any Bluetooth or aux connections for phones and iPods. I'm hoping I can replace the radio set with a newer one so I can connect my own music up. Should be great.

I haven't heard of Sirius before, is it more of a US thing? Sounds like a great service but I could not cope with not owning any of my music, with my lil OCD brain...

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    So if the taste of these programmers is THAT refined, I just may have to give my CD collection a bit of a rest for a while!
    Don't put the collection too far out of reach. Had a rental last year for a Canadian road trip with Sirius that didn't include a CD player. The scope of the music was astounding until repeat frequency became monotonous. Most on this site are better at programming than the commercial packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I bought my first car last week! It is quite old so actually has a CD player!! But it doesn't have any Bluetooth or aux connections for phones and iPods. I'm hoping I can replace the radio set with a newer one so I can connect my own music up. Should be great.

I haven't heard of Sirius before, is it more of a US thing? Sounds like a great service but I could not cope with not owning any of my music, with my lil OCD brain...
    Congratulations on the new car, Tom! Many happy miles. I still love CDs but can't afford more than at best one a month so I have learned to love Sirius XM which is a satellite subscription radio here in the States. Love it; more than 100 channels to choose from, music, news, etc. I also love Spotify streaming which is another subscription at about $10 USD per month; I can access many more albums than I could possibly afford on CD and, most importantly, listen before I buy!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Congratulations on the new car, Tom! Many happy miles. I still love CDs but can't afford more than at best one a month so I have learned to love Sirius XM which is a satellite subscription radio here in the States. Love it; more than 100 channels to choose from, music, news, etc. I also love Spotify streaming which is another subscription at about $10 USD per month; I can access many more albums than I could possibly afford on CD and, most importantly, listen before I buy!
    Thanks PNH! It is a red clio, 15 years old, but drives really well.

I hear you on the streaming front. It is what most people do these days. Sirius does sound great. And listening before you buy is definitely an important factor when it comes to music.