[REMOVE ADS]

Barbara Diane Martin Richardson

Anyone know if there is any truth to this ? [[Died 2017 ?)

Barbara Diane Martin Richardson

Born

June 1943

Origin

Detroit, Michigan

Died

July 27, 2017

Genre

R&B, Pop

Occupation[[s)

Singer [[Retired)

Instrument[[s)

Vocals

Active Years

1960-1962

https://thesupremes.fandom.com/wiki/Barbara_Martin

Last I checked, she's still alive.

So had I but my resources could not validate it.

I’m pretty sure she’s alive

Betty McGlown passed away in 2008. The last I heard Barbara is still alive.

Something that leads me to believe that she is still alive and the FANDOM article is bogus. The background information on the group indicates Barbara sang the Bridge [whatever that is] while the other three sing verses on After All. According to www.dftmc.info data, recording details are unknown but it lists [[lead-Diana, Mary, Flo). Something to think about. Has anyone ever heard AFTER ALL?

according to her listing in Wikipedia, she is still alive

Birth name Barbara Diane Martin
    Also known as Barbara Martin, Barbara Richardson
    Born June 1, 1943 [[age 75)
    Detroit, Michigan, U.S.
    Genres R&B, pop
    Occupation[[s) singer
    Instruments Vocals
    Years active 1960–1962
    Labels Motown
    Associated acts The Supremes, Diana Ross, Florence Ballard, Mary Wilson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Martin_[[singer)

Just an odd post if not true and cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Something that leads me to believe that she is still alive and the FANDOM article is bogus. The background information on the group indicates Barbara sang the Bridge [whatever that is] while the other three sing verses on After All. According to www.dftmc.info data, recording details are unknown but it lists [[lead-Diana, Mary, Flo). Something to think about. Has anyone ever heard AFTER ALL?
    Here's After All- In Order of appearance verses- first Flo then Mary-Bridge Barbara -last verse Diana.

Barbara is still alive. Someone posted about her being dead and talked about selling off her estate without fulling getting their facts straight as it was someone different who died. Mary confirmed Barbara was still alive and well because she had spoken with her the day before it was posted on here that she was dead.

Wasn’t there another Barbara Martin who did some bg vocals on something related to Supremes/Lupine . Yes Mary confirmed she is living.

This is the first I ever heard of the Supremes WIKI that was presented by FANDOM. I wish there were a way to communicate to whomever produces it that they are incorrect in their information on Barbara.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Wasn’t there another Barbara Martin who did some bg vocals on something related to Supremes/Lupine . Yes Mary confirmed she is living.
    There was Betty Kendricks and another singer named Barbara but the last name was not Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Died
    July 27, 2017

Genre

R&B, Pop

Occupation[[s)

Singer [[Retired)
    How can you be dead and a retired singer? Lol

Good to hear Barbara is still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    How can you be dead and a retired singer? Lol

Good to hear Barbara is still alive.
    and now she is alive at Wiki too. Fixed.

The bridge is the part of the song usually between the second verse and chorus and the third verse. James Brown used to often sing [[or shriek) "Take me to the bridge!" to let his band know he was ready for the musical interlude which links the first verses to the final verse.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    and now she is alive at Wiki too. Fixed.

Milven: I assume that you fixed this. Thank you. I still am baffled as to the existence of the Supremes WIKI. Do many SDF members access this? As I said previously, I had never heard of this. But there are tons of things available that I am unaware of.

Milven: I assume that you fixed this. Thank you. I still am baffled as to the existence of the Supremes WIKI. Do many SDF members access this? As I said previously, I had never heard of this. But there are tons of things available that I am unaware of.
    I never heard of it either till this thread started. I would caution people not to believe everything that they read on that site though. I am not a member there, did not sign in, and yet was able to edit out her death after researching the web and confirming that she is indeed, alive. If I was able to do that without being a member or signing in, imagine what people can do if they are signed in.

Nice site, but maybe not the best source for info if it can be that easily manipulated or changed