[REMOVE ADS]

Taimak Feeling Betrayed by Berry Gordy, Why 'Last Dragon 2' Never Happened

Good ole Suzanne DePasse struck again!

Marv,

Thanks for posting that. Taimak reveals that he is a very wise man and presents a lesson we all need to learn at 5:15:
    " However, I don't hold any bad feelings towards anyone. I forgive everyone because at the end of the day I guess it's just business and you have to move on".
    Again, thanks for posting this great lesson to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    Marv,

Thanks for posting that. Taimak reveals that he is a very wise man and presents a lesson we all need to learn at 5:15:
    " However, I don't hold any bad feelings towards anyone. I forgive everyone because at the end of the day I guess it's just business and you have to move on".
    Again, thanks for posting this great lesson to live by.
    You're most welcome Luckluckyme. I did pick up on some good, not so hidden advice here. I always wondered what happened to him after "The Last Dragon" The movie and soundtrack was very popular at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You're most welcome Luckluckyme. I did pick up on some good, not so hidden advice here. I always wondered what happened to him after "The Last Dragon" The movie and soundtrack was very popular at that time.
    My brother and Norman Whitfield wrote and produced the theme song for that film and did a lot of the music for the project. For their efforts...they won a RAZZIE LOL...A few decent songs included in the soundtrack [[Rhythm Of The Night for one)...but I think it's a project BG would rather forget and likely never wanted to duplicate with another Kung Fu film... Never really in Motown's stylistic wheelhouse...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 04-26-2019 at 10:52 PM.

He should be lucky there was no call for a sequel. LOL

Marv, thanks for posting. It is hard to believe that it has been 34 years since the movie was out. This was always one of my favorite Motown movies. I saw on the internet where in 2016 there were a series of rebroadcasting of the movie, similar to the 50th Anniversary of the Night of the Living Dead. I completely missed the rebroadcasting effort because of lack of publicity at that time. He has changed completely; I would never have recognized him in the recent pictures as he did not resemble the way he looked back in 1985. I do, however, not consider this movie a flop. I also saw posters promoting the movie on the internet from the recent rebroadcasting.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Marv, thanks for posting. It is hard to believe that it has been 34 years since the movie was out. This was always one of my favorite Motown movies. I saw on the internet where in 2016 there were a series of rebroadcasting of the movie, similar to the 50th Anniversary of the Night of the Living Dead. I completely missed the rebroadcasting effort because of lack of publicity at that time. He has changed completely; I would never have recognized him in the recent pictures as he did not resemble the way he looked back in 1985. I do, however, not consider this movie a flop. I also saw posters promoting the movie on the internet from the recent rebroadcasting.
    You are most welcome Woodward. The Last Dragon was definitely not a flop. It was pretty popular at the time. I didn't know they did a rebroadcasting of the movie either. I think at least one sequel would have worked.

Very interesting. Personally I don't think there was a need for a sequel, it's fine as it is. If I learned anything at all from watching this it's how B.G. used certain tactics to make people cooperate with him. The visit to the Playboy Mansion and the unlimited use of his luxury car was an "Investment" in him. Berry treated him so royally and made him feel like such a king that when he threw him peanuts at him for hard labor it wasn't supposed to make a difference. He wanted Taimak to care more about his attention and approval than his own well being. When he saw that contract and the low figures contained within it, "LOVE" would deter him and he'd make a heart over head decision. Thank God he had control over his emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Very interesting. Personally I don't think there was a need for a sequel, it's fine as it is. If I learned anything at all from watching this it's how B.G. used certain tactics to make people cooperate with him. The visit to the Playboy Mansion and the unlimited use of his luxury car was an "Investment" in him. Berry treated him so royally and made him feel like such a king that when he threw him peanuts at him for hard labor it wasn't supposed to make a difference. He wanted Taimak to care more about his attention and approval than his own well being. When he saw that contract and the low figures contained within it, "LOVE" would deter him and he'd make a heart over head decision. Thank God he had control over his emotions.
    Excellent analysis Quinn!

Wasn't that a cartoon?