[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson Takes Part in 'Legendary Ladies of Motown'

Wooooo!!!! I know she love being on TV but Take it down a notch Mary.

Fun interview. Thanks Marv. Go Mary, Martha and Vandellas!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Fun interview. Thanks Marv. Go Mary, Martha and Vandellas!
    You are most welcome Luke! Mary is an interviewer's dream........girl! LOL!!!!

She sure isn’t modest during interviews. Mary is about the only entertainer that constantly brags about her past accomplishments. She really does need to take it down a notch!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You are most welcome Luke! Mary is an interviewer's dream........girl! LOL!!!!
    Thanks Marv. It is Mary’s legacy so she can say whatever the F she wants. She lets her real personality come through. These interviews are very brief so she has to get in wht she can. If people don’t like it then they don’t have to listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Thanks Marv. It is Mary’s legacy so she can say whatever the F she wants. She lets her real personality come through. These interviews are very brief so she has to get in wht she can. If people don’t like it then they don’t have to listen to it.
    You're most welcome DET! There was a time a long, long time ago where she was forbidden to speak during Supremes interviews. Now she gets more interviews than all the Motown artists combined!!! Go Ms. Wilson!

Ugh. Mary has always been my favorite supreme but in the last decade or so, she is so obnoxious in interviews. It’s like she drinks twenty-five coffees in her dressing room before she goes on, and makes sure to interrupt the interviewer as much as possible and start singing out of nowhere. Mary, I love you, but you’re royalty. You don’t need to act like you have to fight your interviewer for screen time!

Aaaarrrg! I managed about 30 seconds of this. Was this an interview or an out-squawking competition?.

You're most welcome DET! There was a time a long, long time ago where she was forbidden to speak during Supremes interviews. Now she gets more interviews than all the Motown artists combined!!! Go Ms. Wilson!
    Diana, Stevie and Smokey could get way more interviews than Mary Wilson if they chose to. The big difference is that they do not need to constantly brag about their accomplishments. Their achievements are out there for everyone to see and hear. Their legacies are firmly intact. This woman would go to the opening of an envelope , such is her desire for publicity. Real stars attract publicity without having to make an effort. 2nd rate stars have to resort to this style of behaviour. Truly embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Diana, Stevie and Smokey could get way more interviews than Mary Wilson if they chose to. The big difference is that they do not need to constantly brag about their accomplishments. Their achievements are out there for everyone to see and hear. Their legacies are firmly intact. This woman would go to the opening of an envelope , such is her desire for publicity. Real stars attract publicity without having to make an effort. 2nd rate stars have to resort to this style of behaviour. Truly embarrassing
    Got it. Now. To which posh-rustic, possibly Kentish culinary establishment does one venture today?

Exactly my friend and these are two bit local tv stations in Vegas that my parakeet could get on if it wanted . LOLOLOLOLOLOL hehehehehehehehehe.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe. Yep...only cause she needs them to sell tickets to a half empty showroom three miles off the Vegas strip. LOLOLOLOL.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/17005570E2EC8E9D

Thank goodness Miss Martha Reeves doesnt act like Mary in interviews and brings real class with her.

I wonder which legendary lady's hits Wilson will be singing?

Marv great point about Mary not being able to talk in interviews in the past. She’s making up for lost time. Good for her!!

Marv great point about Mary not being able to talk in interviews in the past. She’s making up for lost time. Good for her!!
    hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Got it. Now. To which posh-rustic, possibly Kentish culinary establishment does one venture today?
    A place called Bruccianis, and very nice it was too!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe. Yep...only cause she needs them to sell tickets to a half empty showroom three miles off the Vegas strip. LOLOLOLOL.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/17005570E2EC8E9D

Thank goodness Miss Martha Reeves doesnt act like Mary in interviews and brings real class with her.
    Ms Martha Reeves is one classy lady Roberta. I had the great pleasure of meeting her not once but twice last year. She was friendly, affectionate, down to earth and very modest about her impressive achievements. I could have happily spent the whole day with her on both occasions. Ms Martha displayed great dignity and had no reason to resort to hysterical behaviour. What a lady. What a star. Now i can see just why you hold her in such high esteem.

Mrs. Edwards said that Mary was always the most articulate of the Supremes and that she always knew what to say.

Ms Martha Reeves is one classy lady Roberta. I had the great pleasure of meeting her not once but twice last year. She was friendly, affectionate, down to earth and very modest about her impressive achievements. I could have happily spent the whole day with her on both occasions. Ms Martha displayed great dignity and had no reason to resort to hysterical behaviour. What a lady. What a star. Now i can see just why you hold her in such high esteem.
    Thank you dear. Shes a great lady indeed. Her opening act could learn some class from her.

I wonder which legendary lady's hits Wilson will be singing?
    OMG

LMAO

nuff said [[need 10 characters)!

I didn't watch the video but I can imagine Mary's behavior. I find a lot of her interviews to be annoying because she comes across like she had 18 energy drinks before the interview begins. But gotta love her. But a couple of you [[and you know who you are...don't make me call you out) know damn well that you can't stand Mary Wilson, so why keep coming into threads about Mary Wilson? Is there a possibility that a good answer to that question even exists? I sure would like to know.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I didn't watch the video but I can imagine Mary's behavior. I find a lot of her interviews to be annoying because she comes across like she had 18 energy drinks before the interview begins. But gotta love her. But a couple of you [[and you know who you are...don't make me call you out) know damn well that you can't stand Mary Wilson, so why keep coming into threads about Mary Wilson? Is there a possibility that a good answer to that question even exists? I sure would like to know.

Ok. Now my jealousy has reached psychotic levels. I shall calm myself by listening to Dr. Reeves' masterpiece 'The Rest of My Life' and simply wish you, my accomplished friend, well!

A place called Bruccianis, and very nice it was too!
    I'm glad to hear. You earned it so you experience it.

Lol I don't see anything wrong with Mary in this video...

The woman is high as a kite always telling the same stories a thousand times.

Then don’t listen to it. Real easy.

Ok. Now my jealousy has reached psychotic levels. I shall calm myself by listening to Dr. Reeves' masterpiece 'The Rest of My Life' and simply wish you, my accomplished friend, well!
    What a great album to listen to. Probably her finest.

And that hairdo/wig is doing her no favors.

A critical discussion of the merits of a Mary Wilson interview

Well, I watched the interview, and I have to say, I found no problem with it.

I think Mary was fine. Enthusiastic, energetic, quite funny even. And no more over-the-top than the presenter. You get a 4 minute interview on TV, so yeah, you would try and be fun, engaged, excited about it. Mary could sit there all polite and quiet and she'd get criticised for being boring and lifeless.

And the comments under the video, I mean, c’mon...

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Mary could sit there all polite and quiet and she'd get criticised for being boring and lifeless.
    They sure would criticize her for that too. Like Diana, with some folks Mary will never be able to win with them no matter what she does. She could save Diana's life somehow and they'd still say stuff like "Mary only did it because she has to be attached to Diana somehow". Still crickets on why some screennames appear so frequently in a Mary Wilson thread knowing they can't stand her guts.