[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Otis Williams on NBC news


  2. #2
    It is good to see Otis Williams getting some major attention. I only wished the interview had been longer. Thank ou Fourtopsbiggestfan.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It is good to see Otis Williams getting some major attention. I only wished the interview had been longer. Thank ou Fourtopsbiggestfan.
    You're welcome Marv. We're still owed a real Motown celebration. The Broadway show doesn't look good. The actors don't move anything like the Temptations. And the vocals are not good. I've got high standards. Motown 60 was definitely awful.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourtopsbiggestfan View Post
    You're welcome Marv. We're still owed a real Motown celebration. The Broadway show doesn't look good. The actors don't move anything like the Temptations. And the vocals are not good. I've got high standards. Motown 60 was definitely awful.
    I saw clips of the "Broadway Temptations" and they danced more like James Brown imitators than the Temptations. Motown 60 was an embarrassment. The time they spent on having audience members sing snipets of Motown songs could have been better used by having more of the original artists onstage and singing!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I saw clips of the "Broadway Temptations" and they danced more like James Brown imitators than the Temptations. ...
    Well, it is a Broadway Musical, not a documentary. So one would expect poetic license for entertainment purposes.

    This is one of only two "jukebox musicals" this season, and one of the best versions of that genre to open in years. The show is limited by its source material (a memoir) but the music is great.

    Tony nominations will be announced tomorrow, and I am guessing that it will be nominated for Best Musical.

    I saw clips of the musical on TV too, but also attended a performance of the musical, and as a Motown lover, I actually enjoyed a wonderful night of entertainment and music.

    If you like Broadway Musicals and Motown, you will probably enjoy this show

  6. #6
    Well all I can say is those of us who were fortunate enough to be around to grow up with Motown and it's artists were very blessed! I say this all the time. We had the best!

  7. #7
    Temptations Broadway Musical did very well with twelve Tony nominations including best book. The show offers a wonderful night of entertainment. Especially to Motown lovers

  8. #8
    It's always[temptin]to hear from otis!!

  9. #9
    Itís time to give the fans what we want. We supported Motown 25. Even though it was something we already saw. Itís time for unreleased concert footage.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Encyclopedia Mack View Post
    It’s time to give the fans what we want. We supported Motown 25. Even though it was something we already saw. It’s time for unreleased concert footage.
    I totally agree. They could put out some DVD's of rare performances, in studio clips, etc.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.