[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    Robin Crawford to Publish a Memoir


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I fear this will be another Mary Wilson style trash fest. I will avoid it like the plague, but others will no doubt flock to it.

  3. #3
    This is sad. I won't be supporting this book either.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I fear this will be another Mary Wilson style trash fest. I will avoid it like the plague, but others will no doubt flock to it.
    I disagree. Robyn has not spoken in all of the years that she left Whitney's organization. She had issued a short statement after her passing, saying she would not speak out. However, I think she has chosen to speak out now, due to the documentary. Many people were openly talking about their relationship and perhaps she wants to set the record straight herself. I think she has a right to do so. I'm going to give it a chance.

  5. #5
    I'm going to wait and see just what 'sort' of book this actually is before I judge. Crawford has always struck me as a quite classy lady in that she doesn't really talk to the press so for all we know this could be a very nice look into the interconnected lives of two friends.

  6. #6
    Well said Carlo.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I disagree. Robyn has not spoken in all of the years that she left Whitney's organization. She had issued a short statement after her passing, saying she would not speak out. However, I think she has chosen to speak out now, due to the documentary. Many people were openly talking about their relationship and perhaps she wants to set the record straight herself. I think she has a right to do so. I'm going to give it a chance.
    I suspect the main reason why she is breaking her silence is because she can no longer resist the financial benefits being offered. The documentary has no doubt helped no end. She has every right to tell her story if she so wishes, and i have little doubt there will be sufficient interest in the book to make her a very rich lady. Personally i have no interest in Whitney's private life, but i am probably in the minority here. So be it.

  8. #8
    Just what we need-another tell all!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,638
    Her side of the story is one that most of us want to hear. Many close to Whitney said that she was the one person who could've saved Whitney but between that ugly thing called "homophobia" and being tired of dealing with the other demons in the camp, she decided to bounce. Just as she has handled everything else I believe that she will do it with class and dignity.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Her side of the story is one that most of us want to hear. Many close to Whitney said that she was the one person who could've saved Whitney but between that ugly thing called "homophobia" and being tired of dealing with the other demons in the camp, she decided to bounce. Just as she has handled everything else I believe that she will do it with class and dignity.
    I agree, Glencro, and plan to wait and see what Crawford actually says and how she says it before I make my ultimate decision. And I'm sure that some of the nay-sayers here who stagger to their fainting sofas to fan themselves while decrying another sleazy tell-all would be only too happy to greet the appearance of another sleazy tell-all if it were about ... another singer.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I suspect the main reason why she is breaking her silence is because she can no longer resist the financial benefits being offered.
    Yes, agreed. I can't think of any celebrity or public figure who has written a book for free. Perhaps there are a few that have donated proceeds to charity...

    I think if anything, this will be the ultimate story/book on Whitney Houston. Perhaps not necessarily in regards to her career, but certainly in regards to Whitney as a person. I would be shocked if she writes a trashy book. If anything, I think it will be truthful and dignified. I really hope so!

  12. #12
    I might read it; I have no objection to her telling her story; it's hers to tell.

    And so she says Whitney was a closet lesbian - big deal; it won't be a surprise and no one other than Cissy will care and she probably will still refuse to believe it.

    If Robyn and Whitney gave each other some happiness for a time, that's great to hear.

  13. #13
    As a gay person myself I believe that if, as some have suggested, Whitney's emotional issues stemmed from being forced to deny her non-traditional sexuality it could be of tremendous good to others to hear the story told in a sympathetic way. I'm always disappointed to hear people of traditional sexuality tell me of how easy things are nowadays for the LGBTQ+ populations. 'Yeah', I think, 'Just like things are 'easy' for all non-white people because Black Panther was a huge hit and Migos sell out arenas.'

  14. #14
    Interesting to see if she confirms her father's comments that she and Whitney were lovers at one point. Robyn stayed quiet for years because she wanted to be respectful to her late friend's legacy.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I agree, Glencro, and plan to wait and see what Crawford actually says and how she says it before I make my ultimate decision. And I'm sure that some of the nay-sayers here who stagger to their fainting sofas to fan themselves while decrying another sleazy tell-all would be only too happy to greet the appearance of another sleazy tell-all if it were about ... another singer.
    The way you just wrote that LMAOOOO

  16. #16
    Does it even matter anymore? We've been overwhelmed by all things Whitney of late. I for one can't take anymore about "Nippy" and her family! Give us a break, please.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.