[REMOVE ADS]

New release by the O'Jay's.

Two of the Ojay's were on Rev. Al Sharpton's show tonight [[Sunday) and were pleased to announce that a new album is about to be released. The title of the released is THE LAST WORD.

This was great to see them on his show. I wish some other great artists would appear on his show.

The album was released last Friday, available on CD and of course all download options, really liking the release, except for one track 'Above the Law' this is just Not The O'Jay's and especially now, be interesting what others think.

It is good to know we have new music from the legendary O'Jays.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    The album was released last Friday, available on CD and of course all download options, really liking the release, except for one track 'Above the Law' this is just Not The O'Jay's and especially now, be interesting what others think.
    I'm loving the lp and I do like 'Above...' - for me it hearkens back to their socio-political songs such as 'Ship Ahoy'. The lp is a great send-off. Don't let this one pass you by!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I'm loving the lp and I do like 'Above...' - for me it hearkens back to their socio-political songs such as 'Ship Ahoy'. The lp is a great send-off. Don't let this one pass you by!
    Just hope the new album gets the attention it so deserves, still not into 'Above the Law' but then again I was never into a few earlier tracks in those early years same with The Temptations physic period, just not me, but one track does not put me off the album.

Can't fault the amount of promotion work the Guy's are really putting in they are on TV shows and Radio programmes every day and getting a good reaction!

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Just hope the new album gets the attention it so deserves, still not into 'Above the Law' but then again I was never into a few earlier tracks in those early years same with The Temptations physic period, just not me, but one track does not put me off the album.

Can't fault the amount of promotion work the Guy's are really putting in they are on TV shows and Radio programmes every day and getting a good reaction!
    'To each...', as they say! Good that you like the rest of it. I think it's just a great lp and I'm hoping the group does a big send-off here in the NYC area - the Apollo would be great! Have you a favorite OJ lp? Best to you

Favourite album, that is difficult, I have everyone they have released, think it's got to be Family Reunion! of course they came over to the UK little compared to others, but that was when I met & interviewed them! Eddie of course one of my all time favourite vocalists! Best to You! hope they do visit NY!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It is good to know we have new music from the legendary O'Jays.
    Only streamed one song from the album. Eddie LaVert is out front with some nondescript female singers on the backing track.
    His age is clearly showing on this particular production. Nowhere near the verve of Put Your Hands Together, for example.