[REMOVE ADS]

Maya angelous: What a soulful soul

I recently watched for the second time the documentary Maya Angelou: And Still I Rise on Netflix and I'm still in awe of what an amazing life this lady lived. It originally aired on PBS in 2016 and I'm so glad that I watched it again. When I tell you she definitely took advantage of her years on earth. Being abandoned by her mother as a young child she became a young mother, a singer, an exotic dancer, a broadway performer, movie actress, author, movie director, wife of an African dignitary, lover of B.B. King and [[possibly) Malcolm X [[it stated that they liked each other A LOT and spent a lot of time together), a civil rights activist, wife of a white man. She was dissed by Pearl Bailey and among her close friends were the likes of James Baldwin, Martin Luther King, Cicely Tyson. This is a must see again and again.

"And then I rise"!

I once met dr.angelou,wonderful lady!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I once met dr.angelou,wonderful lady!!
    That's one person I would have loved to have met. She always shared so much wisdom. I was at a funeral recently and the preacher said that the birth date and death date were not that important, but that dash[[-) in between those numbers is what matters. She lived enough for at least 4 people.