[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Rip Off

Rip Off

I just got a notice from Amazon that Where Did Our Love Go album by the Supremes, with the original album cover, available for $16 bucks. If I hadn’t read the reviews I wouldn’t have known some of it by the Flos and some it live appearances by the 70s Supremes...with the original Supremes pic on the cover as The Supremes and “Diana Ross and the Supremes” title on back cover. I guess screw truth in advertising. Some people bought it without knowing what was really in it. And false audio previews by Amazon!
    Last edited by luke; 04-15-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I just got a notice from Amazon that Where Did Our Love Go album by the Supremes, with the original album cover, available for $16 bucks. If I hadn’t read the reviews I wouldn’t have known some of it by the Flos and some it live appearances by the 70s Supremes...with the original Supremes pic on the cover as The Supremes and “Diana Ross and the Supremes” title on back cover. I guess screw truth in advertising. Some people bought it without knowing what was really in it. And false audio previews by Amazon!
    That problem started back in the 90s. They use carry their CDs in the supermarkets on Long Island. Rip off indeed!

I believe there is even a legit Motown Legends series [[?) Stoned Love/Nathan Jones CD [[brown border/ B&W photo) that is Jean recordings [[mostly Webb LP cuts) features a pic of DMF on the cover....