[REMOVE ADS]

The Number Ones - Touch Me In The Morning

One of my very favorite Ross songs and performances. A timeless classic which i never tire of hearing.

A great project to follow; thanks for finding! And yes, a Diana stone classic. I love the alternate version with the dramatic intro as well, and the Almighty Remix is a killer.

Over the years, Touch Me In the Morning was not one of my favorite Diana songs, either the recording or in concert. It still falls behind many many songs - about where Mahogany falls. I like the first half of Mahogany but not the second. Nit picking though. I can make many people cringe and say I much prefer Endless Love to both of those songs.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Over the years, Touch Me In the Morning was not one of my favorite Diana songs, either the recording or in concert. It still falls behind many many songs - about where Mahogany falls. I like the first half of Mahogany but not the second. Nit picking though. I can make many people cringe and say I much prefer Endless Love to both of those songs.
    I love "Touch Me In the Morning" but hate "Do You Know Where You're Going". Oh how I hate that song. "Endless Love" used to be one that I never cared much for, but as the years go on I'm liking it a lot more and more. But "Touch Me" is definitely one of Ross' finest vocal performances for me.

Endless Love is a song I’ve appreciated more and more through the year

The early part of Mahogany, to me, is some of her most evocative singing but then I lose interest

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion. Personally i have both Touch me and Mahogany up there with Diana's very best, but i never cared for Endless Love. Different strokes i guess.....

I love all 3 songs. My favorites “Touch me in the morning” and “Endless Love”.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 04-17-2019 at 01:36 PM.

I actually like the solo version of EL more - great singing by our girl.

I love both "Touch Me in the Morning," the single, and the album with the same name. IMO, Diana's vocals on the songs are very warm and rich sounding. An abridged version of the background story of the recording of the single: Michael Masser presented it to Diana in a key [[pitch) which she felt was too high for her. After going back and forth, Masser told her, on the actual recording day, that the score had been transposed down to accommodate her request when in fact, he had left the song in the original key. The version we hear, which is true for many recordings, is a compilation of many recording takes all weaved together.

Love Touch Me In The Morning especially the closing sequence with the voice over.

I'm rather bemused at the review though when after all the positive things that are said about the recording that they proceed to only give it a 6 out of 10.

As I understand it if you don't count Endless Love as a solo Touch Me is surprisingly Diana's biggest selling US single - I would have laid odds on Mountain or Upside Down.
    Last edited by florence; 04-17-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Love Touch Me In The Morning especially the closing sequence with the voice over.

I'm rather bemused at the review though when after all the positive things that are said about the recording that they proceed to only give it a 6 out of 10.

As I understand it if you don't count Endless Love as a solo Touch Me is surprisingly Diana's biggest selling US single - I would have laid odds on Mountain or Upside Down.
    I didn't know that Florence. I am equally surprised but pleased to hear this. It is a wonderful recording that sounds every bit as good today as it did back in the day.

i love both Touch Me and Do You Know Where, both are classics. Endless Love has grown on me. its ok, but i dont think it compares to the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I actually like the solo version of EL more - great singing by our girl.
    I'm the opposite - Diana's solo version is okay but there's just something lacking in it.

The duet is really atmospheric.