Here's one everyone can have fun with- even if the claws all come out full force.

Ok, I KNOW this one has been discussed before, and before and before...but I guess I have some odd fixation on this song and am always egar to hear others' points of view on "Some Things You Never Get Used To." I remember buying the "Love Child" album and finally hearing the song I had read about as being a "chart stopper." I listened with a skeptical ear and darn it, I couldn't find anything really wrong with it. To me, it had a fantastic sort of hyperkinetic energy going on especially with those kick-ass drums. I thought Diana was really going at it vocally a bit stronger than I would have expected and there was a certain urgency in her performance.

The only thing that I thought was a bit akward was the way the song sort of jumps into its brief instrumental bridge. Other than that, I thought maybe it could have used a bit more of the tambourine throughout for that classic Motown Sound, but I honestly liked it. I knew it wasn't a number 1 by any stretch, but I thought it would have at least gone top 10 and had a bit longer chart life.

Over the years, I figured I'd get a different perspective on it, especially when recently I played it after going for maybe 5 years of not hearing it- but I still find myself only enjoying the song more.

This is one thread where even if EVERYBODY here told me I was nuts and insane and had absolutely no taste, I would not take it personally! If all hell broke loose and this turned into one huge cat fight, I'd say go for it! This is just really one of those songs where even I can't quite make heads or tails about why I like it!