[REMOVE ADS]

Ben L'Oncle Soul

Hi, guys!
    I have just received a copy of Ben's album and wonder if any of you know anything about him.
    The album is on Motown France and some of the songs are in French, some English and some both! I don't know the year or anything. I do like the album though. On a couple of tracks there's a real Amy Winehouse vibe going on. I do know that he featured on a couple of tracks by the Beat Association too. Not so keen on those though! The music is good and Ben's vocals are great, but the rap [[!!) not my cup of tea!

I bought this CD while in Paris this past fall. The album is really good. More Memphis soul than Motown. Kind of reminds me Otis Redding. The CD came out in early 2010. Check out the Motown France web site. Most of the artists are hip-hop neo-soul, some pop rock stuff.

I have the album too and it's a fabulous cd. The guy is on French TV quite a bit and they are recorded for me. There is a special edition of that CD with extras. If you like Memphis type albums, check out Axelle Red's album with Steve Cropper etc.

The French are more appreciative that some give them credit. How can you explain Andre Williams touring in Montpellier just before Xmas!! WOW!