[REMOVE ADS]

ACE Records releases?

There's been a long delay it seems. Is there anything in the works by them or anyone else?

I recall, Ace / Kent UK is gradually reissuing the Undisputed Truth albums.

https://www.acerecords.co.uk/nothing...s-bonus-tracks
    https://www.acerecords.co.uk/cosmic-...gher-than-high

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    I recall, Ace / Kent UK is gradually reissuing the Undisputed Truth albums.

https://www.acerecords.co.uk/nothing...s-bonus-tracks
    https://www.acerecords.co.uk/cosmic-...gher-than-high
    For those Undisputed Truth fans, hope you're able to pick up their new CD.
    It's really good.
    https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/theundisputedtruth1

What delay?

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    What delay?
    it seems like an eternity since any news on future releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourtopsbiggestfan View Post
    it seems like an eternity since any news on future releases.
    Sorry to say this, Motown fans, but in general, ACE UK releases a LOT of great music treasures daily, not just Motown, but old time rock & roll, girl group sound, northern soul, more.

For me, I notably love the Early Girls, Golden Age of Rock & Roll, the Land of 1000 Dances, and Birth of Soul series.

And their twofer reissues of Cameo-Parkway's Chubby Checker, Dee Dee Sharp, and the Orlons were snappy, superb, and all-original as originally recorded on the twist-limbo-mashed potato-watusi heyday recordings.

Or, How about the compilations-reissues of Wand-Scepter's Shirelles, Chuck Jackson, Maxine Brown, and Freddie Hughes?

Or, Chess' Jackie Ross, Sugar Pie DeSanto, Mitty Collier, and Etta James?

Motown, even Motown, you can, while you wait on such a delay, buy their other Motown releases, such as their just about complete 1964-1968 Contours catalog, or the Monitors, or Eddie Holland, or Rita Wright, Holloways Brenda and Patrice, Shorty Long, or the Satintones, the Spinners, Marv Johnson, the Fantastic Four, or just about a little of just near everyone [[except Billy Eckstine) on the Motown Girls and Motown Guys series.

Plenty for everyone.
    Last edited by Ngroove; 04-12-2019 at 04:51 AM.

Agree entirely Ngroove. It only seems like yesterday when they announced that Undisputed Truth twofer yet we've all got it by now haven't we? I can understand why folks are keen for more Motown though - it's just so good.

There's been a recent batch of Japanese CDs, that "new" Marvin album on CD very soon, Blinky and more Brenda in the pipeline plus more Drats expandeds I believe, Junior Walker's 6 set to look forward to. Plus downloads [[well yeh) of Loving Memory and Nat King Cole and that's me broke it seems.

I don't feel we need to fret. After all we're only in the second quarter[[I believe) of the music calendar. Tony Rounce more or less governed the Undisputed Truth release. Keith Hughes will more than likely carry out the rest of the year unless him and Tony co produces a project. I'm sure he's busy finalizing multiple projects and proof reading his notes for them. Then to top it all off he has to find time to listen to every completed unreleased track to compile Motown Unreleased 1969 for a Q4 release. Things will only look up from here: we have the M60 special and the documentary this month. From a marketing standpoint that generates interest in what will follow. I'm expecting to be very broke this year to be humorous. It'll be good,all things in time.

I really enjoyed their "ON THE DETROIT BEAT: Motor City Soul UK Style 1963-1967" CD. I wasn't familiar with many of the artists, but the interpretations of the songs were all pretty darn good. Anyone else purchase that disc? Opinions?

Also, a question: Why is Motown so big in the UK? The respect for classic soul seams so much greater there than in the US. Loyalty to artists is more prevalent there by far. In the US, so much of the great music made in the '60's is ignored or forgotten, while it is often celebrated in the UK. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    For those Undisputed Truth fans, hope you're able to pick up their new CD.
    It's really good.
    https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/theundisputedtruth1
    Why is this CD so expensive, over £20 on Amazon UK for an eight track set I think is really excessive.

The ACE KENT twofer "Cosmic Truth" and "Higher Than High" is similarly priced but £17.75 from ACE directly. That one at least has 18 tracks on 2 CDs