[REMOVE ADS]

what are you listening to right now

many times what i listen to depends on my mood, so i have been listening to the Boss and I hear a Symphony alot.
    also songs from Theres A Place For Us.Me Sandman,Around the World
    love the harmony on these songs and How Flo is singing behind Diana on Stranger In Paradise.
    The Boss , I think could be Dianas at her best vocally.love Once In The morning

For the past few Sundays, I have listening to my Supremes albums in order. This past weekend, I completed the Jean years, with the Jimmy Webb and "Live in Japan" albums.

"I'm In Love Again" has been played quite a bit lately. So has "Love Is Like An Itchin". But I haven't been doing too much Supremes lately for some reason.

I've been listening to gems from the Expanded editions.

Got these in order on a playlist and pressed repeat [[volume up of course):
    Expanded alternate Nothing But Heartaches, Love Is Like An Itchin' early scratch mix and SupRemix, extended alternate You Can't Hurry Love, extended alternate You Keep Me Hangin' On, extended Going Down, extended Remove This Doubt, extended I Guess I'll Always Love You [["uh-oh, the Change!"), Shake Me Wake Me duet version with Four Tops.
    Also:
    Early version of Baby Love, version 1 of Stop!, 2012 mixes of I Hear a Symphony and My World Is Empty Without You - these put me in the studio with the Supremes & HDH and remind me of the recording processes that gave us the music.

Thank you, George Solomon and Company!

this past week.....Reflections and Right On CDs....nothing else even by different artists.
    Always the radio in the car, I don't listen to much music in the house these days...now that I live alone, am retired and home alone all day, I like it quiet pretty much most of the time...VERY quiet....there are other times I play Blue Oyster Cult at 2AM. I make believe only I can hear it! LOL.. [[I am actually very respectful of my neighbors...I live in a 36 unit apt. bldg.)

i have a zillion playlists and i list to those the most. some are my re-workings of the studio albums to create a better track list. some are topics - Supremes sing MOR, supremes live, sup mix which is just a whole huge amount of various tracks from the girls [[solo and group)

i've also done some producer categories. have one of A&S tracks - including all of the motown tracks i can find of theirs.

most recently i was listening to my Michael Masser playlist with tracks from diana, the mahogany soundtrack, some of his work with Thelma and even Whitney.

I have got to join the digital age sooner or later...I just got a "new" 2nd hand CD recorder. I am thrilled and excited to have it....my recording capability ended about 6 years ago on my current one....thank god the other drawer still opened and I could "play"

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    i have a zillion playlists and i list to those the most. some are my re-workings of the studio albums to create a better track list. some are topics - Supremes sing MOR, supremes live, sup mix which is just a whole huge amount of various tracks from the girls [[solo and group)

i've also done some producer categories. have one of A&S tracks - including all of the motown tracks i can find of theirs.

most recently i was listening to my Michael Masser playlist with tracks from diana, the mahogany soundtrack, some of his work with Thelma and even Whitney.
    This is basically how I do it. I make my own "studio" albums for Supremes/Ross into playlists and also make companion playlists for each album as sort of an expanded edition, with all the songs that were either recorded during a particular time frame or would be considered for inclusion on a particular album. I did it this way for years. Unfortunately I had a car accident right before new years and my laptop wasn't secured, so I had to put it in the hospital [[Geek Squad). And when that happened I had to reinstall Itunes and lost my playlists. It's been like three months later and I'm still too lazy to go through all that music to recreate those lists again. That's another reason why I haven't been listening to much Supremes these days.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    This is basically how I do it. I make my own "studio" albums for Supremes/Ross into playlists and also make companion playlists for each album as sort of an expanded edition, with all the songs that were either recorded during a particular time frame or would be considered for inclusion on a particular album. I did it this way for years. Unfortunately I had a car accident right before new years and my laptop wasn't secured, so I had to put it in the hospital [[Geek Squad). And when that happened I had to reinstall Itunes and lost my playlists. It's been like three months later and I'm still too lazy to go through all that music to recreate those lists again. That's another reason why I haven't been listening to much Supremes these days.
    sorry to hear about your car crash, hope you are well.
    I also do my own playlist, I was making my own Symphony lp with tracks from Theres a place ….
    I also made my own Sing hDH with a few tracks from Go Go, Shake Me Wake Me , this Old Heart and removed Heatwave and Same Old Song etc
    hope u get your playlist back up and running