[REMOVE ADS]

Motown: The Complete No. 1’s 11cd box june 28,2019

Motown: The Complete No. 1’s includes Motown’s biggest hits in one special 11-CD package featuring classic songs that were No. 1 on multiple charts in the U.S. and around the world. Artists include Smokey Robinson & the Miracles, Stevie Wonder, the Supremes, the Temptations, the Jackson 5, the Commodores, Gladys Knight & the Pips, the Four Tops, Boyz II Men, and many more. Housed in a replica of the original Hitsville Motown building, the box also includes a 100-page photo book with an introduction by Smokey Robinson, who was responsible for 20 Motown No. 1’s, plus rare and classic images and detailed annotations. Updated for Motown’s 60thin 2019, the set also includes 12 bonus tracks – the songs whose cover versions were No. 1, from Martha & the Vandellas’ “Dancing in the Street” [[No. 1 for David Bowie and Mick Jagger) to Stevie Wonder’s original “Pastime Paradise” [[adopted as Coolio feat. L.V.’s “Gangsta’s Paradise,”)

Disc 11 is a newly curated bonus disc featuring updated No. 1’s and bonus tracks.
    Includes a 100-page photo book with an introduction by Smokey Robinson, who was responsible for 20 Motown No. 1’s, plus rare and classic images and detailed annotations.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07NZ42KKN/?tag=imwan-21

It's an interesting collection - the usual tracks are included that we would expect, but there are some others, which may have been number one on a chart somewhere in the world [[such as T.G. Sheppard). I'm not sure what Disc 11 is about - unless the track listing has missed a few items.

Amazon are selling it for £116.50, but this may reduce as we approach the release date. It's not cheap, but the booklet will be fascinating to read / view.

Another rediculious set with the same boring songs. Probably the same ol photos too. Can't they do anything right. Focus on unreleased songs and unreleased photos.

Was considering buying this again, but I don't think I will. Spending over a hundred bucks for six songs?. Remastering all the songs wouldn't make a great deal of sense so I know the audio quality is the same. This is more for folks that missed out on it a decade ago,not for those of us who've acquired it already. Hopefully they'll jump on it or wait until Motown 70.

From the Second Disc:

Disc 11 [[new to this set)

1. Who’s Lovin’ You – The Miracles
    2. Who’s Lovin’ You – The Jackson 5 [[each B-sides of #1 hits, a unique chart accomplishment; #1 cover version by En Vogue [[acapella intro to “Hold On”) / U.S. R&B – Dance Club)
    3. Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town – The Jackson 5 / U.S. Holiday
    4. For Your Love – Stevie Wonder / U.S. Adult R&B
    5. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough [[2017 Remix) – Diana Ross / U.S. Dance Club
    6. I’m Coming Out/Upside Down [[2018 Mix) – Diana Ross / U.S. Dance Club

Bonus Disc with 6 tracks, 4 common & 2 recent remixes... They've gotta be kidding?

I do think having a replica Hitsville house full of Motown CDs would be great

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    From the Second Disc:

Disc 11 [[new to this set)

1. Who’s Lovin’ You – The Miracles
    2. Who’s Lovin’ You – The Jackson 5 [[each B-sides of #1 hits, a unique chart accomplishment; #1 cover version by En Vogue [[acapella intro to “Hold On”) / U.S. R&B – Dance Club)
    3. Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town – The Jackson 5 / U.S. Holiday
    4. For Your Love – Stevie Wonder / U.S. Adult R&B
    5. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough [[2017 Remix) – Diana Ross / U.S. Dance Club
    6. I’m Coming Out/Upside Down [[2018 Mix) – Diana Ross / U.S. Dance Club

Bonus Disc with 6 tracks, 4 common & 2 recent remixes... They've gotta be kidding?
    Okay....if "acapella intro" to a completely different altogether in general song counts, but sorry...."Who's Lovin' You" to me, is the filler of "Shop Around" and "I Want You Back"....what's next...songs that was later sampled by others that later turned into number one hits???

For instance....DeBarge's "A Dream", an album track on "In A Special Way", later sampled on Notorious B.I.G.'s "One More Chance", #1 R&B, #1 Rap.

Mary Jane Girls' "All Night Long", later implemented as LL Cool J's "Around The Way Girl", #1 Rap.

Really, that's majorly the case of Coolio's "Gangster's Paradise", mostly "Pastime Paradise" in sampled melody, but altogether different lyric-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    Okay....if "acapella intro" to a completely different altogether in general song counts, but sorry...."Who's Lovin' You" to me, is the filler of "Shop Around" and "I Want You Back"....what's next...songs that was later sampled by others that later turned into number one hits???

For instance....DeBarge's "A Dream", an album track on "In A Special Way", later sampled on Notorious B.I.G.'s "One More Chance", #1 R&B, #1 Rap.

Mary Jane Girls' "All Night Long", later implemented as LL Cool J's "Around The Way Girl", #1 Rap.

Really, that's majorly the case of Coolio's "Gangster's Paradise", mostly "Pastime Paradise" in sampled melody, but altogether different lyric-wise.
    “Stay with Me” was the DeBarge song that Biggie sampled. However, “A Dream” was sampled on another US R&B #1, Blackstreet’s “Don’t Leave Me.”