[REMOVE ADS]

Nick Buoniconti 1940 - 2019

I became a Dolphins fan in 1971 after my brother was too eager to claim the Fins when I wanted the Browns in the electric football board we got for Christmas. Would later become a huge Falcons fan but I still root for and claim to be a fan of Miami. Nick Buoniconti was one of the great players on the first team that I rooted for. Along with Mercury Morris, Larry Csonka, Bob Griese, Garo Yapremian and [[of course) all-time great Paul Warfield. I remember turning on HBO every Thursday night to watch Inside The NFL with Buoniconti and Len Dawson. Loved that show. It would tear me up later to see the deteriorating effects football had on him as he grew older. A sharp mind was lost to the ravages of CTE. One day, they're going to create a test that will detect CTE in a living brain and the next year, the NFL will be an after thought. Rest in peace, Nick. Thanks for the memories.

Jerry I have a good friend that played for the NY Giants back when they went to the Super Bowl in the 80s. He is now beginning to show the signs of brain injuries from his football days. It makes me sad. He has three kids that he has to raise as a single dad now.

Sorry to hear this,nick was a football legend-i'm still pissed that his[1972-undefeated]dolphins beat the[over the hill gang-redskins]in the superbowl[vii].

Nick was a great Boston Patriot.
    In the early days, when they played at B. U. Field, after the first quarter, they would let you in for free.

By the way, I would not let my son play football, because I saw what it did to people.
    He went on to get a masters in chemistry from Vanderbilt

edafan
    Last edited by edafan; 08-05-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Sorry to hear this,nick was a football legend-i'm still pissed that his[1972-undefeated]dolphins beat the[over the hill gang-redskins]in the superbowl[vii].
    I'm not. Loved beating the Rednecks and the Vikes [[my brother's team) and still mad about losing to the Cowboys.