As we know, the Supremes and DR never won any of the nominations they received over the years. while i'm sure we've all a bit biased on here lol thought it would be interesting to discussion:

1) compared to the other nominees in their category SHOULD they have won?
2) what failed to get nominated that absolutely should have

1965 Best R&B recording - Baby Love. lost to Nancy Wilson's How Glad I Am

1966 Best Pop Performance by a group or duo - Stop in the name of love
Other nominees were Statler Bros "Flowers on the wall" [[winner), Beatles "Help", Herman's Hermits "Mrs Brown you've got a lovely daughter", Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs "Wooly bully"

1971 Best Female Pop ANMHE. Other nominees were Dionne Warwick "I'll never fall in love again" [[winner), Bobbie Gentry Fancy, Anne Murray Snowbird, Linda Ronstadt Long Long Time

1972 Best Female R&B Call me. Other nominees were Aretha Franklin "Bridge Over Troubled Water" [[winner), Jean Knight "Mr Big Stuff", Janis Joplin "Pearl" and Freda Payne "Contact"

1974 Best Female Pop TMITM. Other nominees were Roberta Flack "Killing me softly with his song" [[winner), Bette Midler Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, Anne Murray Danny's Song, Carly Simon You're So Vain

1977 Best Female R&B Love hangover. other nominees were natalie Cole "Sophisticated Lady" [[winner), Aretha Franklin "Something he can feel", Dorothy Moore "Misty Blue", Melba Moore "Lean on me"

1978 Best Female R&B Your love is so good for me. other nominees were Thelma Houston "Don't leave me this way" [[winner), Natalie Cole "i've got love on my mind", Aretha Franklin "Break it to me gently", Dorothy Moore "I believe in you"

1979 Best R&B group or duo Ease On Down The Road. other nominees were Earth Wind Fire "All n all" [[winner), A Taste of Honey "boogie oogie oggie", Commodores "Natural High", Ojays "Used to be my girl"

1981 Best Female R&B Upside Down. other nominees were Stephanie Mills "Never knew love like this before" [[winner), Roberta Flack "Roberta Flack featuring Donny Hathaway", aretha Franklin 'I can't turn you loose", Minnie Riperton "Love Lives Forever"

1982 Best Pop performance duo or group Endless Love. other nominees were Manhattan transfer "the boy from new york city" [[winner), Hall & Oates "private eyes", Pointer Sisters "slow hand", steely Dan "gaucho"

1983 Best Female R&B Muscles. other nominees were jennifer Holliday "and i'm telling you" [[winner), Aretha franklin "jump to it", Patrice Rushen "forget me nots", Donna summer "love is in control"