Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Remembering Lady Day on Her Birthday

Thanks for the music, Lady Day -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4FsxtlGi3k

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Thanks for the music, Lady Day -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4FsxtlGi3k
    I have been playing a lot of Lady Day recently. I find her music to be moving, heartbreaking and even depressing. A little goes a long way and i cannot listen to her for too long without feeling sad. I guess her voice is just too raw and emotional to listen to for too long. You can almost feel the pain in her voice. she lived those songs. R.I.P. Lady Day.I hope you are happier in heaven than you were on this earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I have been playing a lot of Lady Day recently. I find her music to be moving, heartbreaking and even depressing. A little goes a long way and i cannot listen to her for too long without feeling sad. I guess her voice is just too raw and emotional to listen to for too long. You can almost feel the pain in her voice. she lived those songs. R.I.P. Lady Day.I hope you are happier in heaven than you were on this earth.
    Largely agreed, but not to be missed. Rather shameful only one poster cared enough to acknowledge Billie's birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Largely agreed, but not to be missed. Rather shameful only one poster cared enough to acknowledge Billie's birthday.
    Maybe most members are too young to remember her. The heartbreak and emotion in that unique voice is unforgettable.