[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes Sing Children's Songs- could that have happened?

What if- DMF sang an album marketed as a children's album with the most pure crossover appeal that Berry and HDH could ever churn called "The Supremes Sing Children's Songs"? I am talking preschool,nursery rhyme, public domain [[or about to enter the public domain) songs done as a concept adventure album [[Diane going on a mystical adventure in between tracks , with some help with Florence and Mary). The cover would probably just have no faces a la the early Motown covers, or have Diana be so tiny it would be hard to notice.

It would probably be recorded in LA, but they can record in Detroit with the Funk Brothers if it would be cheaper [[or if they want to introduce kids to soul music).

As for the lineup Mary and Flo need to be present and heard in the songs. Andantes can be added in, but you still need to hear Mary and Flo as well.

It would be nice if the Supremes would have aimed at the young kiddies, so parents can trust them instead of hearing songs mostly about cheating with you partner and a love child [[I'm looking at you, Stop In The Name of Love).

So what do you think? Would that have happened? It was a random idea I had while sleeping.

Don't judge.

Hello? Anyone going to reply? Again, don't judge. This is just a "what if"

What an awful idea! LOL

In honesty, I could see it happening, as part of the widespread crossover appeal they were going for. The idea reminds me of "Children's Christmas Song" from The Supremes' Christmas album, which is quite cute.

Also, you may need to give more than 2 and a half hours for people to reply to your thread, IMissFlo. You should be lucky that someone has responded at all.

Also, does "a random idea I had while sleeping" mean that you had a whole dream about it???!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    What an awful idea! LOL

Also, does "a random idea I had while sleeping" mean that you had a whole dream about it???!
    I don't know if it was a sleep dream or daydream.......

Quote Originally Posted by IMissFlo93 View Post
    The Supremes did record an album for this market, the unreleased Disney album.

Closest thing they did was the Disney album. A couple of the songs like "Heigh-Ho" and "Whistle While You Work" had some scripted dialogue between the ladies.

What if- DMF sang an album marketed as a children's album with the most pure crossover appeal that Berry and HDH could ever churn called "The Supremes Sing Children's Songs"? I am talking preschool,nursery rhyme, public domain [[or about to enter the public domain) songs done as a concept adventure album [[Diane going on a mystical adventure in between tracks , with some help with Florence and Mary). The cover would probably just have no faces a la the early Motown covers, or have Diana be so tiny it would be hard to notice.

It would probably be recorded in LA, but they can record in Detroit with the Funk Brothers if it would be cheaper [[or if they want to introduce kids to soul music).
    As for the lineup Mary and Flo need to be present and heard in the songs. Andantes can be added in, but you still need to hear Mary and Flo as well.

It would be nice if the Supremes would have aimed at the young kiddies, so parents can trust them instead of hearing songs mostly about cheating with you partner and a love child [[I'm looking at you, Stop In The Name of Love).

So what do you think? Would that have happened? It was a random idea I had while sleeping.

Don't judge.
    Andantes not needed. Interesting idea tho!

I think the reason they didn't do it [[and didn't release the Disney set) is that it really wouldn't have advanced their careers in the direction Gordy was looking for. he wanted them to be in the same ranks as Sammy, Frank, Eydie Gorme, etc. He wanted to secure the top showrooms in Miami, Vegas, NY, London, etc. And kids songs wouldn't have done much for this effort

but to build on your idea, ignoring the timing since D left the group, but image DRATS on as guest stars on Sesame Street!

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    I

but to build on your idea, ignoring the timing since D left the group, but image DRATS on as guest stars on Sesame Street!
    well Diana did guest star on Sesame Street solo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-kPYbQri3U

and they semi-paid tribute to The Supremes [[among other girl groups) with "I'm A Bookworm Baby"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yo7AG32wfw

But no DMF or even DMC....sigh....
    Last edited by IMissFlo93; 04-08-2019 at 11:56 AM.

nice! i know D did the muppet show but didn't realize about SS

although not a kids topic, i've always thought it would have been great for mary scherrie and susaye to guest star on the Love Boat lolol

If it would have been anything like the "Children's Christmas Song" this LP would have been shite.

Closest we'll ever come is the Disney songs.

no that swhy they cancelled the Supremes sing Disney

Maybe a nightmare??????????????????????????