[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson Sings Anthem at The Detroit Tigers Opening Day!

Just as she did for the 1984 film, "Tiger Town" and several times since Mary Wilson sang the National Anthem at the Detroit Tigers Opening Day on March 28th:

Name:  Mary National Anthem Detroit Tigers April 2019.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  80.6 KB

Back home and looking great!

Name:  Mary National Anthem Detroit Tigers April 2019 A.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  90.0 KB

Thanks man! She is ageless. I will look in YouTube to see if here performance is posted.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Thanks man! She is ageless. I will look in YouTube to see if here performance is posted.
    It is posted on Mary Wilson's Facebook page now. She knocked it out of the park! Pun intended LOL!

Mary looks very nice in the photos!

She sounds and looks amazing ......she’s ageless! Very tough to sing in that arena with the echo and all......wowza!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It is posted on Mary Wilson's Facebook page now. She knocked it out of the park! Pun intended LOL!
    I liked the fan fare as she was walking out. She did a great job and looks amazing. I think that park is hard to sing on due to the echo.

I liked the fan fare as she was walking out. She did a great job and looks amazing. I think that park is hard to sing on due to the echo.
    The old stadium was not as big and wide open. Remember? I miss the old stadium.

Amazin Mary!

The old stadium was not as big and wide open. Remember? I miss the old stadium.
    We would always take 1/2 vac day it made sure we had customers in town. Carls Chop House to drink before the game. I miss the old Tiger Stadium. All about money.

We would always take 1/2 vac day it made sure we had customers in town. Carls Chop House to drink before the game. I miss the old Tiger Stadium. All about money.
    I remember the Chop House. I remember Emmanuel Stewart bought one of the Chop House Restaurants downtown. That's where they gave me my birthday party in 1994.

I remember the Chop House. I remember Emmanuel Stewart bought one of the Chop House Restaurants downtown. That's where they gave me my birthday party in 1994.
    Wax it the called the 1940' Chop House on Jefferson just west of the Ren Cen?

Wax it the called the 1940' Chop House on Jefferson just west of the Ren Cen?
    That's it! That was the one! The had the party on the upper level. He brought in singer Allyson Williams from New York sing for me. It was the best time. Mr. Stewart was an awesome person.

Marv it closed a while back. Glad you had a great time. I bel Aretha used to dine there often.
    Below is a list of restaurants that closed in Detroit.
    http://www.atdetroit.net/forum/messa...tml?1235367035

Marv it closed a while back. Glad you had a great time. I bel Aretha used to dine there often.
    Below is a list of restaurants that closed in Detroit.
    http://www.atdetroit.net/forum/messa...tml?1235367035
    I am going to go through that list right now. Thank you DET!

I am going to go through that list right now. Thank you DET!
    Looks like the London Chop House on Congress is still open.

Looks like the London Chop House on Congress is still open.
    When I am back there I'll have to check it out. Detroit had some great restaurants back in the day. They also have the best Coney Island dogs in the World and the includes Coney Island Brooklyn! LOL!

When I am back there I'll have to check it out. Detroit had some great restaurants back in the day. They also have the best Coney Island dogs in the World and the includes Coney Island Brooklyn! LOL!
    Better than Brooklyn.....that's blasphemy!!!!

Better than Brooklyn.....that's blasphemy!!!!
    It's the truth! The hot dogs are cooked differently at Coney Island and usually out in the air during the summer on these really big, long grills. The big difference is they don't use the hamburger sauce they use on Coney's in Detroit with the diced onions. yum! LOL!

I found this. Here is Mary singing the National Anthem in the old stadium and from the film "Tiger Town"

Name:  Tiger Town Mary Wilson 1984.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  58.6 KB

I found this. Here is Mary singing the National Anthem in the old stadium and from the film "Tiger Town"

Name:  Tiger Town Mary Wilson 1984.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  58.6 KB
    U know Marv there was something special abt Mary's performances in the early 80's. She was really coming into her own. The first time I saw her was in Lake Tahoe. As a joke she sang the back up parts to the hits and told the audience and that was really me singing....... to a healthy round of applause.

This makes me thoroughly homesick!

No kidding Marv can't wait to get back myself. BTW I was intruduced to a new co worker a few weeks ago and we both knew we were from the same general area. She is fr Toledo!

No kidding Marv can't wait to get back myself. BTW I was intruduced to a new co worker a few weeks ago and we both knew we were from the same general area. She is fr Toledo!
    Toledo? Cool, send me her name you know how small this World is. I just might know her..