[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1

    Mick Jagger Will Undergo Heart Surgery

    One my favorites. Let's send out positive thoughts to Mick that his upcoming heart surgery is big success:

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ged-valve.html
    Last edited by marv2; 04-03-2019 at 08:44 PM.

  2. #2
    Godspeed, Mick!!!

  3. #3
    wonder why he is coming to New York for the surgery instead of the great socialized medicine in England.
    ?

  4. #4
    Is the majority of his family in the US?

  5. #5
    They have some great heart surgeons in NYC.
    Last edited by marv2; 04-05-2019 at 08:42 PM. Reason: They not I

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    wonder why he is coming to New York for the surgery instead of the great socialized medicine in England.
    ?
    New York got great docs. He probably don't trust what they do over there. I think Ozzy Osbourne was recovering in a Los Angeles hospital recently.

  7. #7
    According to this article, Mick Jagger has had the surgery and is now in recovery.

    Mick Jagger has completed his heart valve procedure in New York and is recovering and in great health, sources tells
    Billboard
    .

    Doctors were able to access Jagger's heart valve through his femoral artery and are now monitoring the Rolling Stones frontman for any complications that could arise from the procedure, including excess bleeding. On Sunday (March 31) the Stones announced they were rescheduling their North American No Filter Tour so that Jagger could have the procedure.Originally slated to begin in April, the tour will now begin in July with new dates to be announced in the coming weeks. Jagger will need to rest after completing the transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), sources say. The minimally invasive procedure allows Jagger to avoid major surgery -- doctors are able to repair the heart valve using a a catheter that accesses a major artery without opening the chest.While the recovery time for the procedure is much shorter than surgery, Jagger must rest for four to five days so that the artery can heal without any severe bleeding issues. He could be up an moving in a few days, but will need some additional recovery time before returning to the stage.


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    According to this article, Mick Jagger has had the surgery and is now in recovery.

    Mick Jagger has completed his heart valve procedure in New York and is recovering and in great health, sources tells
    Billboard
    .

    Doctors were able to access Jagger's heart valve through his femoral artery and are now monitoring the Rolling Stones frontman for any complications that could arise from the procedure, including excess bleeding. On Sunday (March 31) the Stones announced they were rescheduling their North American No Filter Tour so that Jagger could have the procedure.Originally slated to begin in April, the tour will now begin in July with new dates to be announced in the coming weeks. Jagger will need to rest after completing the transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), sources say. The minimally invasive procedure allows Jagger to avoid major surgery -- doctors are able to repair the heart valve using a a catheter that accesses a major artery without opening the chest.While the recovery time for the procedure is much shorter than surgery, Jagger must rest for four to five days so that the artery can heal without any severe bleeding issues. He could be up an moving in a few days, but will need some additional recovery time before returning to the stage.

    Thanks Motown Eddie for the update.

  9. #9
    Actually, Columbia University and NYU have perhaps the top (minimal invasive) heart surgery clinics in the world...I know, with the renowned surgeon who first used the procedure in the U.S. on their staff. My mom went there for her heart valve replacement about 10-12 years ago and she just celebrated her 100th birthday. Also, my nephew (nieces husband) specializes in that procedure and did his surgical residency at NYU in New York under the renowned surgeon who invented the TAVR procedure and remained on the staff for several years where he performed that procedure and other Thoracic Surgery as well . He has since returned to the Detroit area and is Director of the Heart Clinic at a well known hospital just outside of Detroit...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 04-05-2019 at 08:22 PM.

  10. #10
    This is all good news. The man just keeps ticking.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Thanks Motown Eddie for the update.
    You've got it Marv2. Mick also went on Twitter saying that he's feeling much better and thanking the hospital staff.

  12. #12
    Great news. Keep on rockin' Mick!


  13. #13
    Good luck mick!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,686
    Complete and speedy recovery to you Mick

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    694
    NYU Langone is one of the top hospitals in the country.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    Actually, Columbia University and NYU have perhaps the top (minimal invasive) heart surgery clinics in the world...I know, with the renowned surgeon who first used the procedure in the U.S. on their staff. My mom went there for her heart valve replacement about 10-12 years ago and she just celebrated her 100th birthday. Also, my nephew (nieces husband) specializes in that procedure and did his surgical residency at NYU in New York under the renowned surgeon who invented the TAVR procedure and remained on the staff for several years where he performed that procedure and other Thoracic Surgery as well . He has since returned to the Detroit area and is Director of the Heart Clinic at a well known hospital just outside of Detroit...
    Oh that is great Stu! God Bless your mom.

  17. #17
    God is good! Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones had their first hit in America when I was in the Kindergarten in 1965! Me and my buddies would sing "Miss You" around campus at the tops of our lungs (after a keg party LOL!) in my freshman year in 1978. I finally got the chance to see them live in 1981 in Boulder, Colorado. I was jamming to their remake of "Harlem Shuffle" in 1986 and have enjoyed his/their music still to this day!
    Last edited by marv2; 04-05-2019 at 09:00 PM.

  18. #18
    I also always admired Mick Jagger's attitude. Do your thing, break the rules and keep it moving!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Oh that is great Stu! God Bless your mom.
    Thanks...She still likes driving around in her little old Jag...LOL

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I also always admired Mick Jagger's attitude. Do your thing, break the rules and keep it moving!
    According to reports, The Mick, after his surgery, shows that he is still keeping it moving!! We all should"Move Like Jagger!"

  21. #21
    He is either a great inspiration........or a Warlock! hehehehehehe!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.