[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I hear you Motony! I am very proud of Kat. She is a super nice lady too.
    They are so very nice. I grew up in Inkster Mi. and they were def our hometown heroes. A bunch of us were on the playground as the Marvelettes were turning left on Michigan Ave waving out the window "acting crazy". They stopped for a briefly for a couple of minutes. Really made our day.

[QUOTE=Roberta75;509929]
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post

OMG.....your delusional. Youve got me as BradSupremes and JonC and a few other people and per usual; you are wrong wrong wrong. I think its great Kats out there doing her thing....... so zip it and go make up someone else you think I am Yankee.
    Let me dumb this down for you....Brad was the initiator on THIS bringing Ross into the fray.

[QUOTE=detmotownguy;510008]
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Let me dumb this down for you....Brad was the initiator on THIS bringing Ross into the fray.
    You dont have to dumb down anything for me. Now run along now. Im done with you maam.

They are so very nice. I grew up in Inkster Mi. and they were def our hometown heroes. A bunch of us were on the playground as the Marvelettes were turning left on Michigan Ave waving out the window "acting crazy". They stopped for a briefly for a couple of minutes. Really made our day.
    Ok , I'll admit it. I've been to a fish fry at Inkster High School after a bowling tournament in Ypsilanti years ago, hehehehehehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    GEEZ, this got dumb real quick.

I think it's awesome that Kat is still out there having fun with her group. Sure these gals will never match the original Marvelettes but Kat earned her right to do this!

But keep it realistic, if Diana Ross is a washed up has-been, what does that make Kat? A woman who was a member of a singing group whose last hit was in 1967, retired in 1972 and has only started singing again in recent years? Cmon.

Both women are legends in their own right.
    What does Diana Ross have to do with this thread anyway? Why did Brad bring her into this thread? She's suppose to stay in the sub-form where she belongs.

I just remembered that I also went the Ford Employee's New Year's Eve party at a catering hall in Inkster in 1991. We all had a great time too.

In a sense Inkster was a bit country with a slower pace compared to Detroit only abt 15 mi away. Those were the days!I think Gladys "took offense" when they were referred to as country girls or something to that effect. A lot of history - real neighborhoods and all that. The school system was really good a that time. You could cruise Michigan Ave. from Downtown thru Inkster all the way to Chi town if you knew the route.