[REMOVE ADS]

“THE BOBBY DEBARGE STORY” [[Movie)

Can't wait for this!

I see Bobby's widow is an executive producer so I hope she doesn't engage in revisionist history or omit things. I watched the Unsung Switch and found out a lot of things Wikipedia ignored. In that one, the doc ignored the entire DeBarge [[group) era. The Wiki entry totally ignores Bobby's bi-sexuality issues with the band and his being the lead singer of Debarge.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I see Bobby's widow is an executive producer so I hope she doesn't engage in revisionist history or omit things. I watched the Unsung Switch and found out a lot of things Wikipedia ignored. In that one, the doc ignored the entire DeBarge [[group) era. The Wiki entry totally ignores Bobby's bi-sexuality issues with the band and his being the lead singer of Debarge.
    Well, being from Michigan and especially around the time that he, Switch and DeBarge rose to fame, there is a lot that has not been discussed publicly. Jermaine Jackson made some comments [[in a very polite and non controversial way) that gave clues to the characters of the DeBarges.

I read somewhere that Bobby DeBarge and Jermaine Stewart were roommates and close platonic friends. And that Bobby was open about his sexual fluidity.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Jermaine Jackson made some comments [[in a very polite and non controversial way)...
    Jermaine Jackson is always a well-mannered, polite gentleman. By all accounts, he is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. But, he was accused of beating his ex-wife Hazel.

Jermaine Jackson is always a well-mannered, polite gentleman. By all accounts, he is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. But, he was accused of beating his ex-wife Hazel.
    I am sure Jermaine is a pretty good guy. No one is perfect.

I am sure Jermaine is a pretty good guy. No one is perfect.
    Jermaine seems like a nice guy. And I'd like to think such accusations were not true. However, you cannot excuse wife-beating.

Well, being from Michigan and especially around the time that he, Switch and DeBarge rose to fame, there is a lot that has not been discussed publicly. Jermaine Jackson made some comments [[in a very polite and non controversial way) that gave clues to the characters of the DeBarges.
    "Unsung" is a series that's as much about tragedy as it is about music. The episode about DeBarge revealed they had more ghosts than almost any family, let alone music group, could overcome. So much talent in that house to go along with so much pain.

And his other two wives. He also had babies with his brother's ex...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    "Unsung" is a series that's as much about tragedy as it is about music. The episode about DeBarge revealed they had more ghosts than almost any family, let alone music group, could overcome. So much talent in that house to go along with so much pain.
    True. They had it rough and they became "rough"! Bobby DeBarge's story should be a real eye opener.