[REMOVE ADS]

Diana’s star studded birthday party

Was amazing what a big splash this was.

WOW,, seems like a good time

There were several live Facebook reports where you could watch everything and see who was there

I know a few Soulful Detroit people were watching

Hmmmm...but I read on Soulful Detroit that Diana Ross was washed up no one cared about her and everyone in Hollywood despised her……

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    Hmmmm...but I read on Soulful Detroit that Diana Ross was washed up no one cared about her and everyone in Hollywood despised her……
    If this is anyone’s definition of washed up... smh

Happy 75th Diana Ross!!!!!!!!!!

The proponent of that idea has to be crapping himself over all this publicity

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    The proponent of that idea has to be crapping himself over all this publicity
    Indeed. He will post some trivia about Mary Wilson in a vain attempt to deflect from the situation. He is the gift that keeps on giving. Te he he he he.

Observations from the party:

1 The crowd was a lot bigger than I expected…… And there were a lot more people from out of town that I expected…… When you consider that wasn’t that much time Of advanced notice for a midnight show in the middle of the week I was afraid there would only be a few hundred people there - then it seemed to be doing better so I thought maybe 1000, but there were a lot of people there it wasn’t jampacked, but it was comfortably full - very nice that you weren’t smashed up against each other.

2 another plus in the crowd is that I thought that again because of the late hour there might be a lot of people who had been partying all night and there didn’t seem to be anybody who had had too much to drink and mood was light happy and fun. Once again, Miss ross is demographic blows me away there were so many young people there so many in their 20s and 30s - there are plenty of old farts there too, but it wasn’t even a half old people and of course every color or nationality and sexual orientation/identification.

3 I was afraid that because it was at midnight show that she would have no energy because often by midnight I’m dragging it, but she was up to the task and appeared to be very very very touched by the love coming her way. I will admit I was secretly hoping for at least one tantrum, but we don’t get those anymore - and it’s terrible of me to feel this way, but I actually miss them a little bit…… Maybe not the actual tantrum, but the threat of a tantrum or the worry that there would be a tantrum always heightened the experience for me.

4 she did several wonderful songs that she doesn’t normally do like Family from Dreamgirls, Best Years, a killer Mirror Mirror, Your Love, Endless Love and He Lives In You - I was hoping for more substitutions like Remember Me, Surrender, last time I saw him, swept away, and I thought it took a little time…… But still these additions were wonderful and she was on stage over two hours.

5 she sang surprise duets:

im coming out with puff daddy
    endless life with Robin Thicke
    all I Do is win with da kahlib
    happy birthday with Stevie
    best years with rhonda’
    love Hangover with Ashlee and Evan

Personally, I could do without the nepotism, but they were well received

All in all, it was a wonderful event packed with celebrities, sound problems, comraderie h and a genuine love and appreciation the folks in that room Felt for this woman who has given so many years of happiness to.

Some folks think it was a crazy idea to do this and a waste of time and money to see basically the same show with some extras. That’s not how I feel. I was genuinely happy to be able to spend Diana Ross’s 75th birthday with her she fascinates me and I love watching her out of her element.

SHE LOOKS SENSATIONAL.......THIN, TAUGHT AND HAPPY AS HELL!

It cost us two grand but we had a blast.

I'm sure it was money well spent. It was the event of a lifetime and you got to enjoy it first hand. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

All in all, it was a wonderful event packed with celebrities, sound problems, comraderie h and a genuine love and appreciation the folks in that room Felt for this woman who has given so many years of happiness to.

Some folks think it was a crazy idea to do this and a waste of time and money to see basically the same show with some extras. That’s not how I feel. I was genuinely happy to be able to spend Diana Ross’s 75th birthday with her she fascinates me and I love watching her out of her element.

I'm glad you enjoyed the show. Money well-spent if you had a blast. It was truly a once-in-a-lifetime happening. I am surprised she did a full show so late at night. If seating had been more reasonably priced [[and it was on a weekend) I would have gone. I don't think I could have enjoyed any of it while standing.

1 The crowd was a lot bigger than I expected…… And there were a lot more people from out of town that I expected…… When you consider that wasn’t that much time Of advanced notice for a midnight show in the middle of the week I was afraid there would only be a few hundred people there - then it seemed to be doing better so I thought maybe 1000, but there were a lot of people there it wasn’t jampacked, but it was comfortably full - very nice that you weren’t smashed up against each other.

2 another plus in the crowd is that I thought that again because of the late hour there might be a lot of people who had been partying all night and there didn’t seem to be anybody who had had too much to drink and mood was light happy and fun. Once again, Miss ross is demographic blows me away there were so many young people there so many in their 20s and 30s - there are plenty of old farts there too, but it wasn’t even a half old people and of course every color or nationality and sexual orientation/identification.

3 I was afraid that because it was at midnight show that she would have no energy because often by midnight I’m dragging it, but she was up to the task and appeared to be very very very touched by the love coming her way. I will admit I was secretly hoping for at least one tantrum, but we don’t get those anymore - and it’s terrible of me to feel this way, but I actually miss them a little bit…… Maybe not the actual tantrum, but the threat of a tantrum or the worry that there would be a tantrum always heightened the experience for me.

4 she did several wonderful songs that she doesn’t normally do like Family from Dreamgirls, Best Years, a killer Mirror Mirror, Your Love, Endless Love and He Lives In You - I was hoping for more substitutions like Remember Me, Surrender, last time I saw him, swept away, and I thought it took a little time…… But still these additions were wonderful and she was on stage over two hours.

best years with rhonda’

Sounds wonderful and like $ well spent for those who have it. Truly once in a lifetime! Very few stars, Motown or other, could have engaged this sort of enthusiasm and pubic response. Diamond Diana Dominates! AND ... 'Mirror, Mirror'!

OMG THAT LOOKS AND SOUNDS SO GREAT AND FUN! What a party!

I got a brand new Barclay arrival card just for the occasion! The day will come when making the decision to go see any of my faves will no longer be a problem…… i’m going to see to it I don’t waste any opportunities. If there’s one thing I have learned from the passing of Queen Ree, and as Millie Jackson said so eloquently, “Listen to the clock on the wall: hey hey! “

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Indeed. He will post some trivia about Mary Wilson in a vain attempt to deflect from the situation. He is the gift that keeps on giving. Te he he he he.
    thanks for the laugh, I needed it. just funny to me

was anyone there. i saw she sang Your Love. nice addition to the show. just curious if the show was different song wise.
    geez how many people sang Happy Birthday. isnt once enough?

I’m Coming Out
    Mo Money/Coming Out with Diddy
    More Today Than Yesterday
    Stop! In the Name Of Love
    Reflections
    Come See About Me
    You Can’t Hurry Love
    Love Child

The Boss
    Endless Love with Robin Thicke
    We Are A Family
    Stevie Wonder – Happy Birthday
    Upside Down – Debby Allen and dancers

Touch Me In The Morning
    Mirror Mirror
    He Lives In You
    The Best Years Of My Life [[Rhonda and Diana)
    Love Hangover/Take Me Higher/Ease On Down [[Evan and Ashley)

Don’t Explain [[quit after the first verse)
    Your Love
    Why Do Fools Fall In Love

Mahogany/Ain’t No Mountain
    I Will Survive/All We Do Is Win with everyone joining including Chico and Stevie sang again.
    Encore:
    [[Long Talk Q&A)
    Survive Reprise

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    I’m Coming Out
    Mo Money/Coming Out with Diddy
    More Today Than Yesterday
    Stop! In the Name Of Love
    Reflections
    Come See About Me
    You Can’t Hurry Love
    Love Child

The Boss
    Endless Love with Robin Thicke
    We Are A Family
    Stevie Wonder – Happy Birthday
    Upside Down – Debby Allen and dancers

Touch Me In The Morning
    Mirror Mirror
    He Lives In You
    The Best Years Of My Life [[Rhonda and Diana)
    Love Hangover/Take Me Higher/Ease On Down [[Evan and Ashley)

Don’t Explain [[quit after the first verse)
    Your Love
    Why Do Fools Fall In Love

Mahogany/Ain’t No Mountain
    I Will Survive/All We Do Is Win with everyone joining including Chico and Stevie sang again.
    Encore:
    [[Long Talk Q&A)
    Survive Reprise
    George, thank you so much for supplying the set list for those of us who could not be there. It really helps to get a good idea of the show. Sounds like it was really great. I didn't expect to hear that she did almost a 2 hour show after all things that she was doing on her birthday.

best years with rhonda’

Two thousand for an event getaway like this for two? You got a deal ! And worth every penny anyway ! You can go to Disneyland 365 days a year , but Diana Ross throws a 75th birthday bash just once ! When if ever, will Diana Ross and Stevie Wonder appear on a stage together again ?

I rather like some of the silly stuff, like Puffy's kids being on stage Supreme-ing it with Diana, then him joining in too. Loosen it up a bit. That's the kind of foolishness birthday parties are made of.

Wondering:
    Did Berry Gordy speak or share the stage at all??
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 03-29-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greg jones View Post
    George, thank you so much for supplying the set list for those of us who could not be there. It really helps to get a good idea of the show. Sounds like it was really great. I didn't expect to hear that she did almost a 2 hour show after all things that she was doing on her birthday.
    Yes, my thanks, too, George! I wonder if the event was recorded ...

Yes it was recorded. Even her ride in the Rolls Royce was recorded.

Is there a video around of DJ & Diana singing All We Do Is Win?

Ms. Ross

@DianaRoss

It is an incredible and beautiful journey. And we were able to capture it all on film. #DiamondDiana

best years with rhonda’

just wanted to say thank you for your review,wish I could have been there.glad Diana is in a good place .

Yes thanks for the review MM

WOW, that TMZ clip and your review. This was definitely the party of the century and daughter in law Ashley sounded great on LOVE HANGOVER