[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Mary music

Mary music

Gang, will we ever "legally" see any of Mary Wilson's unreleased music? Whatever happened to her HDH album from a few years back, to have been called either "Clarity" or "Life's Been Good To Me"? Who owns those tracks? Mary? HDH?

What about the tracks she gave to Sweet Feet Music last year that were supposed to have come out last summer? [[Is Sweet Feet even still around?)

Honestly, I don't understand why people sit on un-issued tracks as they do. Self-release them and sell the friggin' things at concerts! It does not cost that much to do so, and even a few hundred or thousand sold is something.

I have seen Ms. Wilson in concert a number of times over the last decade, and she has gotten better and better. She does draw decent crowds. I find it hard to believe that she couldn't sell enough CD's to pay for a pressing or two.

It's frustrating.

mistercarter2u, I agree. I would love to see these projects released. Even though a group of fans had heard a preview in 2003 of the album that was due out on the HDH-label, I had the impression that the album was still not quite complete and needed additional recording and mixing. They seemed to be testing the waters with those two singles that were released and then everything seemed to come to a sudden halt. The entire situation was kinda odd, as production on the album was in full swing in 2003 and then it took until 2011 to get the first single out, Life's Been Good To Me. I remember from the EPK/trailer for the album, there was also a clip of Mary singing a song titled "Quest" in the studio, which sounded promising. At this point, I am guessing the remixes from Sweet Feet have a much better chance of getting released than the album.

You would think that if Scherrie can consistently release solo recordings these days, along with the FLOS, that Mary could also benefit from the same? I would think there is certainly a sufficiently sized audience out there.
    Last edited by carlo; 03-25-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercarter2u View Post
    Gang, will we ever "legally" see any of Mary Wilson's unreleased music? Whatever happened to her HDH album from a few years back, to have been called either "Clarity" or "Life's Been Good To Me"? Who owns those tracks? Mary? HDH?

What about the tracks she gave to Sweet Feet Music last year that were supposed to have come out last summer? [[Is Sweet Feet even still around?)

Honestly, I don't understand why people sit on un-issued tracks as they do. Self-release them and sell the friggin' things at concerts! It does not cost that much to do so, and even a few hundred or thousand sold is something.

I have seen Ms. Wilson in concert a number of times over the last decade, and she has gotten better and better. She does draw decent crowds. I find it hard to believe that she couldn't sell enough CD's to pay for a pressing or two.

It's frustrating.
    She's done that before with her "I Am Changing" CD from the early 2000s. She sold them at her shows. Sold out two pressings [[or whatever). She has sold her Live "Up Close" CD and DVD at her shows as well in recent years. I do not think she owns the recordings made for Motor City Works, the Holland Organization. I would like to hear what Sweet Feet Music does with her old demos.

I hope that they will record some of her Cafe Carlyle shows. There are some new songs in her act now.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I hope that they will record some of her Cafe Carlyle shows. There are some new songs in her act now.
    Will you be attending this show?

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    will you be attending this show?
    lolololololololololololololol

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Will you be attending this show?
    I think there is more chance of me attending one of Mary Wilson shows!
    Last edited by Bluebrock; 03-26-2019 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Not finished my post

Is Marv not welcome at Mary's shows? Many of them are very intimate and she mixes a lot with her long time fans.

I understand the point Mr. Carter is making - everybody and their dog puts out their own music; in the local area where I live, every Tom Dick and Harry puts out their own CDs; why can't Mary put out something herself, sell 1000 copies or so and pocket some cash.

Maybe she doesn't own any of the music.