[REMOVE ADS]

Cornelius brothers & sister rose

Gang - I LOVED the Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose, who of course had the mega-hits "Treat Her Like A Lady" and "Too Late To Turn Back Now" in the early 70's. They had a few other minor chart records as well, but this group was never very appreciated or celebrated.

ARE THERE ANY OTHER CB & SR FANS OUT THERE?

I have their two United Artists albums on CD - "Cornelius Brothers And Sister Rose" [[UA, 1972) and "Big Time Lover" [[UA, 1973), as well as a greatest hits collection - and they also had a couple of songs on an various artists compilation for Surfside Records in the late 70's, but that is about it...

They had a single, "Got To Testify [[Love)" that came out out on UA in 1974 and made the top 15 on Billboard's Dance chart. It states on the 45 that it is from the forthcoming album of the same name, but I have never found that record. Was it released? Does anyone have a copy of those songs or of other Cornelius Brothers recordings?

I believe Eddie Cornelius has since passed? Is that correct?

Looking forward to some replies.

Love CB&SR! Don't have the second LP, though. An under-rated act to be sure.

I have only ever read about them, don't know any of their songs, but will check them out for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by mistercarter2u View Post
    Gang - I LOVED the Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose, who of course had the mega-hits "Treat Her Like A Lady" and "Too Late To Turn Back Now" in the early 70's. They had a few other minor chart records as well, but this group was never very appreciated or celebrated.

I have their two United Artists albums on CD - "Cornelius Brothers And Sister Rose" [[UA, 1972) and "Big Time Lover" [[UA, 1973), as well as a greatest hits collection - and they also had a couple of songs on an various artists compilation for Surfside Records in the late 70's, but that is about it...

They had a single, "Got To Testify [[Love)" that came out out on UA in 1974 and made the top 15 on Billboard's Dance chart. It states on the 45 that it is from the forthcoming album of the same name, but I have never found that record. Was it released? Does anyone have a copy of those songs or of other Cornelius Brothers recordings?

I liked their music. It was on the radio a lot back in the day. I just never went out and bought anything by them.

Here they are. I believe they were from Florida:

I remember CB&SR well since I love their hits "Treat Her Like A Lady", "Too Late To Turn Back Now" & "Don't Ever Be Lonely". According to Wikipedia, group member Carter Cornelius passed away from a heart attack in Nov. 1991 [[and Eddie Cornelius became a born again Christian).

I loved them too! I have a compilation cd from the 90's which is excellent. They deserved far greater success than they achieved.

Big fan here also. I got into them with their greatest hits CD. I was pleasantly surprised at how many of the songs on the disc that I had never heard of previously were really good. The lead singer is a minister now and the other guy died in a car accident. As for the ladies, anyone know if they are still around? Final verdict, Unsung.

Great harmonies by this group. I likes a lot their 1975 United Artists single that I keep from my teens "Since I Found My Baby" b/w "I Love Music" [[it's not a cover of The O'Jays one). Anyway and with all the respect, about one of their great hits I prefers the cover of "Too Late To Turn Back Now" by The Chi-lites they do on "A Letter To Myself" album