[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross on Twitter About Michael Jackson

This is what’s on my heart this morning. I believe and trust that Michael Jackson was and is A magnificent incredible force to me and to many others.
    STOP IN THE NAME OF LOVE
    9:30 AM · Mar 23, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

............and???

Love her! I'm glad she spoke out.

Martha Reeves is the Queen of Motown lol

And she's getting called out in the press lol

Did Martha speak up to?

I’m sure Michael would have hid any pedophilic tendencies from Diana and Berry and Katherine

Kind of her to speak up

I'm glad Diane took my advice. It was starting to look strange........

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Did you speak to her directly? Were you able to ask for your camera back?

The only thing thats looking strange is you thinking "Diane" is taking your advice and thats not only real strange but real warped that you would even post something this insane. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Last edited by Roberta75; 03-23-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    LMAO lolololololol. Her security got his camera.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

If I told you, you wouldn't believe me anyway...........!

Go on back and talk to Diane in your little fantasy world. Theres nobody in this here forum buying your goods anymore.

ah yes , the force ! all of a sudden the entry to this song feels kinda icky..... I wonder if he whispered stuff like that to any of his little boy friends when they were cuddling in bed.....
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 03-23-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    ah yes , the force ! all of a sudden the entry to this song feels kinda icky..... I wonder if he whispered stuff like that to any of his little boy friends when they were cuddling in bed.....
    Sometimes it's better to keep certain thoughts to oneself...

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Love her! I'm glad she spoke out.
    Me too! Teddy Riley, Kenny Gamble and Vivica A. Fox have also come to his defense.

We don't believe anything you say. You couldn't lie straight in bed.

That's the first correct thing you've ever said.

Okay gang. cool it......

Now we get to be real again??

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...kson-1.5069301

Ross is referenced on CBC too

Perhaps it’s dangerous to comment on this hot button issue

UDiana wisely did not come to his defense - or attack. She realizes what was, was and what is, simply is. The truth we all know us what she tweeted. The truth about the boys is known to those involved and no one else, although everything points to a very sad truth. Miss Ross did not comment on the issue with the boys - she aimed above that fray and into his legacy. I believeve she is saying that his art has nothing to do with this mess and don’t get them mixed up. I’m sure this is very painful for her and all his loved ones.

There are some who don’t want to believe it, but remember Ted Bundys mom and friends staring at the cameras saying, “ I just can’t believe it about him.?” The evidence seems overwhelming against him, and everyone who understands this type of behavior thinks he did it, but so what? MJ is gone, his innocence is easier for some so I say let them have it. If he were my dad, I would not want to believe he was a creepy child molestor.

And what’s to gain here?

1) Victims of this type of abuse have been made to be afraid by nay sayers who know nothing about what went on. Children should be encouraged to speak their truth, without fear of being called liars by fools who, for some crazy reason, cannot accept the overwhelming evidence.

2) The folks who are taking down his statue or his music or his Simpsons voiceover out of rotation to me are being ridiculous. His art is his art. I saw a tweet have a five-year-old boy in the hospital with no hair a couple weeks ago dancing to Michael’s music and getting lost in it. This sick little boy finds joy, passion and energy from his music - our culture is better for his legacy. I’m one of those odd people that is not a particular fan of years. I certainly admire his work, and of course all the records that he broke and I respect that he is quite possibly the biggest entertainer that has ever lived or ever will live…… but the last record of his that I bought I think was maybe tomorrow. I like Billie Jean and rock with you and the others but I can hear them enough on the radio at parties so I just never bought any of his music but he has certainly changed the world And inspired great people as well as sick little five-year-old boys…… Personally I feel that legacy needs to continue.

3) good can come from this film. Hopefully now, EVERYONE can be more aware of the signs and accept that when it quacks like a duck, it is quite possible, that WHOMEVER just might, In fact, BE a duck. MJ Does not have to be deemed guilty for this awareness to take hold…… Only the possibility and that way may be many many many more children will be spared this awful experience.
    Last edited by TheMotownManiac; 03-24-2019 at 04:55 PM.

I don't see that Diana's tweet was an exoneration of MJ; my reading is that she is acknowledging the good parts of his life and legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    UDiana wisely did not come to his defense - or attack. She realizes what was, was and what is, simply is. The truth we all know us what she tweeted. The truth about the boys is known to those involved and no one else, although everything points to a very sad truth. Miss Ross did not comment on the issue with the boys - she aimed above that fray and into his legacy. I believeve she is saying that his art has nothing to do with this mess and don’t get them mixed up. I’m sure this is very painful for her and all his loved ones.

There are some who don’t want to believe it, but remember Ted Bundys mom and friends staring at the cameras saying, “ I just can’t believe it about him.?” The evidence seems overwhelming against him, and everyone who understands this type of behavior thinks he did it, but so what? MJ is gone, his innocence is easier for some so I say let them have it. If he were my dad, I would not want to believe he was a creepy child molestor.

And what’s to gain here?

1) Victims of this type of abuse have been made to be afraid by nay sayers who know nothing about what went on. Children should be encouraged to speak their truth, without fear of being called liars by fools who, for some crazy reason, cannot accept the overwhelming evidence.

2) The folks who are taking down his statue or his music or his Simpsons voiceover out of rotation to me are being ridiculous. His art is his art. I saw a tweet have a five-year-old boy in the hospital with no hair a couple weeks ago dancing to Michael’s music and getting lost in it. This sick little boy finds joy, passion and energy from his music - our culture is better for his legacy. I’m one of those odd people that is not a particular fan of years. I certainly admire his work, and of course all the records that he broke and I respect that he is quite possibly the biggest entertainer that has ever lived or ever will live…… but the last record of his that I bought I think was maybe tomorrow. I like Billie Jean and rock with you and the others but I can hear them enough on the radio at parties so I just never bought any of his music but he has certainly changed the world And inspired great people as well as sick little five-year-old boys…… Personally I feel that legacy needs to continue.

3) good can come from this film. Hopefully now, EVERYONE can be more aware of the signs and accept that when it quacks like a duck, it is quite possible, that WHOMEVER just might, In fact, BE a duck. MJ Does not have to be deemed guilty for this awareness to take hold…… Only the possibility and that way may be many many many more children will be spared this awful experience.
    I largely agree; I read your statement after my post. Be well.

Thanks, you are so much more succinct than I. I hate this topic. I have several friends who were abused sexually including a woman who regularly was forced to have intercourse with her father from the age of 12 to 24, and her brother who had intercourse with his mother from the time he was 14 until he was 20. There are several others but that’s the strangest off the top of my head. I am so glad I am not attracted to children…… I cannot even imagine the work and the planning and what not to make something like that even occur - it boggles my mind.

I disagree that she was strictly speaking to MJ's legacy. She ended her tweet with, "stop in the name of love", which I interpreted as meaning, 'please stop the hate and criticism'. She cleverly worded it to take a stand, without taking a direct stand. Just like her book, "Secrets of a Sparrow", you have to read in between the lines. I know some Diana fans here would like to believe that our beloved diva is on their side and not pro-MJ, but she definitely is. She made a statement that meant, "This was my experience of him and his impact on me. All of these other claims were not my experience and I am remembering him for the love he brought to my life. He was my friend. Time to knock it off." I would not be surprised if she does not believe these claims, but she would never be one to come out and say it directly. She always lets her love and her music do the speaking, which in my opinion is wise.
    Last edited by carlo; 03-25-2019 at 01:18 PM.

I pretty much agree with Carlo.

Diana is taking a pro Michael stance here; sadly, the taking of sides is breaking down into a race issue.

I completely see the argument that Michael never showed the side of him that liked little boys to Diana,Berry and their families. That’s what pedophiles do. And they put themselves in positions where they can get what they want. Grooming is the correct term. Catholic priests carried out the same kind of routine - obtain the trust of those necessary and thereby get what you want.

Diana didn't know Michael's dirty side. She spoke at the WRONG time.

We can all interpret Miss Ross as we see fit, but I do not see a defense in here statement. I see a declaration of personal experience - I don’t see how anyone can think she means, “he didn’t do it” she wasn’t there in his room, she wouldn’t make that assumption. She DID tell the world her personal experience and feeling about him. I think “stop in the name of Love” Indicates her belief that arguing back-and-forth By people claiming that he’s innocent or guilty when they could never know for sure, is a big waste of time and causes a lot of negativity for no reason. There is nothing to gain for John Doe to convince Jane Doe that Michael is either innocent or guilty… it simply doesn’t matter. The boys involved are dealing with that in a manner that will be best for them under the circumstances Dash whatever those are. Michael is gone. Michael can’t go to jail. Michael and the boys cannot have closure. If it were true, and Mike were alive, perhaps the boys would’ve gone to him and said something and they could’ve talked it out and avoided a public yeeecccch. If it were not true then there would be no point in discussing it with him. Just like there’s no point in discussing this.

All I really care about at this point is that other victims Not be made afraid to speak out because of fear of controversy. I have a very close friend whose niece was molested by her step grandfather and she never told anyone but her best friend who eventually told her mother Who actually called the school and that’s how It got out and all kinds of hell broke loose and she was sorry she said anything. Gramps wound up in jail for three years or 18 months or something, she was not allowed to live with her grandmother anymore and had to go live with strangers. Grandpa always said he was innocent and after he got out of jail, was caught with his hand in the bra of the mother of the girl he molested while she was passed out in a chair. She woke up and he was groping her and only until van did he admit he had a problem… The whole thing is just a big awful mess, but my point is she was afraid to say anything because she didn’t want to cause trouble in the family, which kind of has never been the same sense…… I just wish that people who believe that Michael is innocent or that Michael is guilty, will discuss it privately so that other victims won’t be intimidated by the furor.

I don’t understand the race connection… That was implied above… Just about everyone I know including an array of Ethnicities think he’s guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I disagree that she was strictly speaking to MJ's legacy. She ended her tweet with, "stop in the name of love", which I interpreted as meaning, 'please stop the hate and criticism'. She cleverly worded it to take a stand, without taking a direct stand. Just like her book, "Secrets of a Sparrow", you have to read in between the lines. I know some Diana fans here would like to believe that our beloved diva is on their side and not pro-MJ, but she definitely is. She made a statement that meant, "This was my experience of him and his impact on me. All of these other claims were not my experience and I am remembering him for the love he brought to my life. He was my friend. Time to knock it off." I would not be surprised if she does not believe these claims, but she would never be one to come out and say it directly. She always lets her love and her music do the speaking, which in my opinion is wise.
    I think you hit it dead on the head, Carlo! Her son Evan has also spoken out in support of Michael. However, he was more on the nose with his comments. The only reason she’s gotten any media attention is because she’s, well, Diana! The mainstream media has been just as one-sided as the documentary itself. Brandi Jackson [[ Michael’s niece, who dated Wade Robson during much of the alleged behavior) has been trying to tell her side of the story, but no major platform will have her on. Tom Joyner and a few indie platforms have interviewed her though. Many others journalists/reporters are also struggling to offer rebuttals on major media sources.
    Last edited by jboy88; 03-25-2019 at 11:38 PM.

HBO or one of the networks should do a two hour special on with the proceeds going to victims of molestation in which the boys would take a lie detector tests live on the air - I think that would satisfy the majority of the people when we are another and be a huge moneymaker.

Lie detector tests are not proven to be as accurate as one might suggest though. I feel the estate could send a big portion of royalties to child abuse organizations.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    I just wish that people who believe that Michael is innocent or that Michael is guilty, will discuss it privately so that other victims won’t be intimidated by the furor.
    Agreed. Such a sensitive topic has become overly sensationalized and turned into an aggressive "who's right, who's wrong" debate by those who do not have any idea about this particular situation itself and the nature of abuse. This is all due to the fact that it is Michael Jackson, which brings that element of "celebrity circus" into the equation. I have my own feelings/opinions about this particular situation, but I still feel that at the end of the day, these men had a right to speak out and to be heard, regardless of whoever chooses to listen or believe them. The subsequent fallout from the media has been completely insane and has taken away from the seriousness of this subject, because it is Michael Jackson. If you have seen the daily headlines that have been coming out from The Sun and The Guardian in the UK, you will see what I mean.

I watched a debate that aired on French TV that is up on Youtube, dubbed with English subtitles. On the debate panel was Dan Reed, the director, as well as a Michael Jackson fan, child abuse expert and music historian. They raised a number of good points, which shows how murky this situation is. When you bring the money and lawsuits into the equation, it makes their motives questionable. I don't think we will ever truly know what happened. One thing I can say is that I will always be an MJ fan, but he was still wrong to put himself in this position by befriending children. The mothers of these kids should have made their children their top priority, instead of leaving them at the disposal of their quest for first-class treatment.

Diana and Barbra both took fairly significant criticism for their words which got parsed intensely