[REMOVE ADS]

This Day In Motown!

I got an email from Motown a few days ago promoting a new site called "This Day In Motown"... https://www.motown.today

... where you can get a few little facts about what was happening with Motown on that day in the past! Check it out!

Thanks, Tom! Nothing like a little Motown nostalgia to brighten our day!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatotom123 View Post
    i got an email from motown A few days ago promoting a new site called "this day in motown"... https://www.motown.today

... Where you can get a few little facts about what was happening with motown on that day in the past! Check it out! :d
    thanks!!!!

You're welcome Gary and WaitingWatching!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I got an email from Motown a few days ago promoting a new site called "This Day In Motown"... https://www.motown.today

... where you can get a few little facts about what was happening with Motown on that day in the past! Check it out!
    Very Nice! Thanks for sharing Tom!

welcome Eddie!

I joined the 'Official Northern Soul App' on iphones over a couple of years ago & this app has a Motown section which has included a 'This Day In Motown History' for a couple of years or more.
    Morph

Of the three Motown facts on the site for today [[April 1st) one of them just reads "A TRAGIC DAY"!? Anyone know what tragic thing happened on April 1st in Motown's history?

I found it, it was the day Marvin Gaye was killed.

Tom, I remember that day like it were yesterday. I had just gotten out of the shower and was getting dressed for work when the horrible news came over the radio. At first, I thought it was a sick April Fool's joke until the newscaster went on in detail. It soon became clear that this was not a joke of any kind. They were dead serious. The gut feeling that came over me was sickening. After 20 years of revering the beloved Motown artists, as I had, Marvin's death felt like a family member had died. I couldn't believe it. And, to this day, I still have trouble fathoming that Marvin's own father could do this to him.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-31-2019 at 08:48 PM.