[REMOVE ADS]

Wade Robson & James Safechuck on Surviving Michael Jackson, Creating Leaving Neverlan

Reed’s four-hour documentary, Leaving Neverland, which centers on Robson’s and Safechuck’s accounts of being sexually abused by Jackson throughout their childhood years, premiered on HBO in two parts in early March, accruing a combined 8.5 million viewers across HBO platforms domestically and has since been sold to air in 130 territories worldwide. For some viewers -- including the Jackson estate, which is suing HBO for breach of contract [[in reference to a nondisparagement agreement between the estate and the network from 1992) -- the film’s near-exclusive focus on Robson and Safechuck makes it a one-sided effort to damn the dead. But for many others, it is a painfully convincing expose of the emotional damage both embodied and allegedly perpetrated by the King of Pop.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Reed’s four-hour documentary, Leaving Neverland, which centers on Robson’s and Safechuck’s accounts of being sexually abused by Jackson throughout their childhood years, premiered on HBO in two parts in early March, accruing a combined 8.5 million viewers across HBO platforms domestically and has since been sold to air in 130 territories worldwide. For some viewers -- including the Jackson estate, which is suing HBO for breach of contract [[in reference to a nondisparagement agreement between the estate and the network from 1992) -- the film’s near-exclusive focus on Robson and Safechuck makes it a one-sided effort to damn the dead. But for many others, it is a painfully convincing expose of the emotional damage both embodied and allegedly perpetrated by the King of Pop.
    I'll be sorry to see the Jackson family, especially the kids, descend into a life of suing everyone in sight [[like tho$e griftin' greedy Gaye$) instead of making productive lives for themselves. I can understand their desire to speak out against the doc if they feel the necessity; that would be sufficient. A law$uit i$ ju$t a money grab on their part.

Just admit MJ was at least inappropriate, guys...

Great article! Thanks for the post.

I can't help but wonder if the Jack$on family has taken the care and thought to steer Paris and 'Blanket' [[I forget the name he has chosen to go by now) into learned and productive lives in$tead of just living as celebuspawn off their father's legacy. I just wonder. MJ famously said that his children 'could not go out into society' and yet President and First Lady Obama's children have been able to do so. Hmmm.