[REMOVE ADS]

Where has this band been all of my life?

Now this is news to me! I'd never heard of the band Fanny, but here they are. These ladies are doing an incredible cover of Marvin's hit! Don't say NOTHIN' bad about my new faves!

I remember them . This is one of the acts Neil Bogart took on for his new Casablanca label. They helped pay the rent with a mild hit called BUTTER BOY.

RIGHT HERE!!! Lol - a long-time Fanny-fan here, from the 'Charity Ball' days and I've got the lps to prove it. Those Millington ladies along with Alice Debur & Nickey Hartley rocked like a mofo -

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Lol - a long-time Fanny-fan here

Well I am really not sure what to think about this, I quite like it, but then I don't, I think it's the chorus that throws me. Interesting cover and interesting band!!

I liked it except for the tempo changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I remember them . This is one of the acts Neil Bogart took on for his new Casablanca label. They helped pay the rent with a mild hit called BUTTER BOY.

Thanks, Boogiedown! This is great! I guess I really was riding a one-track mind back then with my Motown preoccupation. But I'm glad to get to know Fanny's music now!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    RIGHT HERE!!! Lol - a long-time Fanny-fan here, from the 'Charity Ball' days and I've got the lps to prove it. Those Millington ladies along with Alice Debur & Nickey Hartley rocked like a mofo -
    Nice to know they had a good following. A lot of the comments on YouTube are along the lines of feeling they should be in the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post

Well I am really not sure what to think about this, I quite like it, but then I don't, I think it's the chorus that throws me. Interesting cover and interesting band!!
    They do something new and different on the chorus, not quite following the blueprint of the original but I like it. I like it precisely because of the way they harmonize and draw out the word "peculiar." It surprised me because this is exactly the kind of thing that would normally turn me right off to a cover, but somehow I really like what they've done.

I hear you WaitingWatching, it's quite different and offputting, but at the same time quite enjoyable.