[REMOVE ADS]

View Poll Results: Do you like the new SDF forum?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is great!

20 58.82%
  • It's OK...doesn't really matter.

9 26.47%
  • I HATE it! I want the old one back!

5 14.71%

The new SDF First Poll!

Do you like this new forum software? Do you long for the old days?

padlock1 Guest
    i've lost my 500+ post count

Why am I'm considered a junior member,and next month will be 7 years as a member of SDF? [[just curious)

I long for the GOOD old days...cant stand these colors. :P

Quote Originally Posted by GeeTee[[HPK) View Post
    Why am I'm considered a junior member,and next month will be 7 years as a member of SDF? [[just curious)
    That's probably because you started a new account. I take it you weren't able to retrieve your original password?

Unfortunately, there's no way to rest the post counter. Once you get up to a certain number of posts, your status will change.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyvanaye View Post
    I long for the GOOD old days...cant stand these colors. :P
    I feel ya! I wish they would add some more.

I had a hard time trying signing up. My password is still the same.

Just like anything that changes on ya, without warning, I don't care for it, but I will give it a chance, the old forum let you get a look at everything that was going on at once.........I actually believe it was more interactive and conducive to the lively art of conversation , but then what the hell do I know....

Kdubya

The New Forum is great! Fast! User friendly. And, best of all, we aren't required to post twice to get one post. On the old forum, I lost many hourlong posts, forgetting to post twice [[thinking I already had). I type slowly. The only slight problem I have [[not really a problem) is that the Avatar function isn't operating. But Lowell must first deal with old members transferring over.

By rob_k at 2010-08-03

pshark Guest
    This is a change for the better.
    Doesn't take an Einstein to figure out how I voted
    Even if you don't admit it
    The time for change is here and here we are
    We're just for you -Funkadelic

Just keep in mind guys.........one time there was a Motown Forum run by Universal. One Christmas they closed for two weeks at Christmas.

And they just never came back; no word; no message; no nothing. They just drifted off.

And then word came back that the closure was caused by fighting, by demanding that certain people get #001 of the Supremes releases etc.

So.........changing isn't such a bad thing. At least the guys at SD kept the Forum and didn't just drift off into oblivion without as much as a goodbye, a how de do or kiss my ass.

And fighting..........the Motown Forum [[as far as I know) did not know any of the God Damn Good Fights we've had on here. It was a tame experience.

I don't like change much either; I hope that Cry Me a River song is still here; it's an ear worm and drives me crazy but I like it; and I haven't heard it.

I actually believe it was more interactive and conducive to the lively art of conversation
    I agree Kdub, but that's life

seeing the "Paladin" moniker cracks me up

Cool

ha, ha, ha, yes that's how the new deal affected my moniker, have gun will travel was retired some time ago, although I may have to start drinking sarsaparilla....lol

Did I ever send you the [[clearing throat ) naughty, musical, "Paladin" version .....Geetee knows what I'm talking about cause I think he's still trying to pick himself off the floor over it....hahahahahaha

Hey how did you make this poll....I asked this question b4.I would like to make some polls

This is great. Not as pretty as the old one, but hey, We're lucky to have Lowell looking out for us. I'm sure it'll be fine.
    Steve K

Quote Originally Posted by abfan View Post
    Hey how did you make this poll....I asked this question b4.I would like to make some polls
    Hi abfan!

Well, when you start a new thread, there will be a check box below that field where you type your post. It will say "Post a poll". Tick the box, and post your thread.

Your thread will be posted, but you will be directed to another page where you can specify how many choices you want for your poll question, and a places where you can type in your poll questions. You can even adjust the number of questions at this time even change the questions or wording. Once you are done with everything and certain you have everything like you want it, post it! Your poll well be added. After that, you can no longer edit your poll questions, but you can edit the initial post.
    Last edited by soulster; 08-07-2010 at 07:08 PM.

@ Ms. M oh no you din't ! send it to me that is....I await your missive.....

Soulster......im here now trying to get it right.... I see the box and I checked it and put a post in it but I selected to preview and I got nothing
    Oh well America's Most Wanted is on.I'll be back

Post a Poll

Create a poll with this number of options [[Maximum 10):

Quote Originally Posted by abfan View Post
    Soulster......im here now trying to get it right.... I see the box and I checked it and put a post in it but I selected to preview and I got nothing
    Oh well America's Most Wanted is on.I'll be back
    This is from the FAQ at the top of the page. I hope this makes it a bit clearer: http://soulfuldetroit.com/faq.php?fa...#faq_vb3_polls