[REMOVE ADS]

Guess who just made the cover of EBONY!

THIS LADY!!!

Wonderful. Obviously Miss Ross is no stranger to magazine covers around the world, but I wonder how many people who read the Ebony from 1965 with the Supremes on the cover thought that Diana would be making the cover of that same mag 54 years later? How many people thought the Supremes would be so revered so many years later? Diana the legend, Mary the jack of all trades, even Florence still being talked about so many years after they took the industry by storm. Diana still proving that Fred and Ernestine's daughter made good. Love it!

Thank you so much, I hadn't heard about this yet. Awesome cover. Diamond Diana!

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    ... but I wonder how many people who read the Ebony from 1965 with the Supremes on the cover thought that Diana would be making the cover of that same mag 54 years later?
    Probably just a few...and fewer still who would have guessed they'd be using the same photo from 54 years ago.

I wish she'd do a new photo shoot in connection with the Diamond Diana celebration. She's 75 and still looks remarkably like the Diana Ross we know and love. We just saw her at the Grammys and she looks glorious. Lena Horne and Dame Shirley Bassey and other glamorous divas did not hide behind 30 year old pictures when they made it to 75. Her mature elegance and radiant beauty at 75 should be showcased on the Ebony cover.

Is that really a picture that so old? I never thought about it or had any idea

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Yeah lol

Think this photo was from the Every Day is a New Day shoot.

It seems really silly to use such an old photo when celebrating her diamond year. It was the same with the cover of the I Love You cd. Why use a picture from an old 80's photo shoot in 2006?.
    I'm not overly keen on this pic....... Way to airbrushed for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    It looks similar to photos shot for the VOICE OF LOVE cd and tour program.

I’m more interested in the interview. I don’t care about the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    I’m more interested in the interview. I don’t care about the picture.
    I wouldn't hold your breath in expecting to many revelations.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Yeah lol. Think this photo was from the Every Day is a New Day shoot.
    I was thinking "Red Hot Rhythm & Blues." It is jarring. Like I could imagine them using a truly vintage [[familiar, iconic) photo from the 60s or 70s. But it is almost like the unfamiliar cover photo is being used as a representation of Ross today.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I was thinking "Red Hot Rhythm & Blues." It is jarring. Like I could imagine them using a truly vintage [[familiar, iconic) photo from the 60s or 70s. But it is almost like the unfamiliar cover photo is being used as a representation of Ross today.

True. It is weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breath in expecting to many revelations.
    You got that one right. She will only tell you what she wants you to know.

Whoa, a magazine that was founded 74 years ago, with a 75-year-old singer on the cover using an old picture? This is taking the idea of "retro" way too far! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post

There is something immutable in Diana Ross' iconography. This is her favorite angle and she repeats it over and over again. It is also the one I love the most, the one who is the most impressive.

Who was the first photographer to find it? I'm trying Srkebneski for the Ross album in'76.

I like this one a lot

Attachment 15279
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    There is something immutable in Diana Ross' iconography. This is her favorite angle and she repeats it over and over again. It is also the one I love the most, the one who is the most impressive.

Who was the first photographer to find it? I'm trying Srkebneski for the Ross album in'76.
    Lol

Yep you're right.

I also constantly ask, "What's with the use of the old photos?" But I suppose she figures [[and rightfully so) that she is in the legendary stage of her career, so she can use timeless photos. Also from a realistic point of view, if she did use a new photo, it would likely be overly airbrushed anyway, just like every other magazine cover, so might as well use a 20+ year old photo and save the $$$. lol

Why use an old picture? Is she in denial about ageing? She shouldn't be. She looks amazing today.
    It makes me think...have there actually been ANY studio shots of Diana in the last decade [[s)?
    Aside from live shows, she seems to only sanction old pics being used for promotions these days.
    Come on, love. You can afford a few new snaps!

I bet the kids were pissed . Isn't that the angle of the article? They couldn't have found a cool shot of the entire brood , say from The Macy's parade or an awards show?

Go Diana!!!

For how long she hasn’t pose for a professionnal photo shoot ?
    It says a lot on how bored she is by this game Now. Since it’s gonna be photoshoped to the max, better use an oldies

when is this issue released? it's not out yet, is it?

It says "spring 2019". So maybe next month [[April or whatever).

Okay, EBONY just said "spring 2019" so it might be out in stores already.

https://www.ebony.com/entertainment/...ng-2019-issue/

In the above link posted by midnightman, Ebony states AVAILABLE ISSUES. That seems to indicate to me that it is out, but I have gone to at least 6 local stores that carry magazines in hopes of buying a copy, but there are none, not even the previous issue.

Guess this will suffer like the sales of Mary Wilson's Supremes magazine did several years ago and become a truly collectors issue.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    In the above link posted by midnightman, Ebony states AVAILABLE ISSUES. That seems to indicate to me that it is out, but I have gone to at least 6 local stores that carry magazines in hopes of buying a copy, but there are none, not even the previous issue.

Guess this will suffer like the sales of Mary Wilson's Supremes magazine did several years ago and become a truly collectors issue.
    They could just be late with the various distributors. I went to one of my bookstores last week and I believe they still had the previous EBONY on the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post

Hopefully its much better than that hiorrible magazine Mary and Mark Bego churned out a few years ago. They used fans photos without permission or credit. Real tacky of them.

There’s no comparison between Ebony and Mark Bego - that’s an eye roller and insult to Ebony

I just spoke to a customer representative of Hudson News Company in Parsippany, NJ. They are responsible for distributing EBONY to all groceries, major department stores, and airports and transportation terminals. She told me they do not anticipate getting this new Diana Ross issue until on or about April 16th. So sit tight, it won't be available, despite what EBONY says on their website, until that time.

There’s an interview there ^^

Is this issue available anywhere yet?

I think the release date was either middle of April or in the 20’s

Someone posted it