[REMOVE ADS]

Lamont Dozier - Recent Interview

I just saw the thread with the posting of the Songfacts article on Dennis Coffey. At the end I happened to see there was another link to another story about Lamont Dozier. I wanted to be certain everyone saw this excellent article. It would be easy to miss. I had not seen this previously.

https://www.songfacts.com/blog/interviews/lamont-dozier

Thanks for letting us know about this. Funny, but I took the exact same route you did: started with the Dennis Coffey interview and then went to the Lamont Dozier interview. Both are so fascinating.

Thanks Woodward. I've not yet read the article, so maybe the answer to my question is there[[!), but I wonder how recent this is, bearing in mind Lamont's health problems that caused cancellation of his UK tour. The interview was obviously tying in to the release of that last album though.

OMG, the interviewer even asked Lamont about my favourite ever Motown ad-lib, "...and there and nothing I can do about it!"

Interesting stuff about "Band Of Gold" too. Great interview.