[REMOVE ADS]

R&B Singer Andre Williams Dies at 82

From Billboard.com

R&B singer/producer Andre "Mr. Rhythm" Williams, died in Chicago on Sunday [[March 17) at age 82, according to a statement from his label, Pravda Records. "It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of legendary artist Andre Williams," read a FB statement from the Chicago-based label. "He died this after in Chicago at the age of 82. He touched our lives and the lives of countless others. We love you Dre."

More details here:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...-82/ar-BBUV7UN

Andre wrote some great tracks for Mable John [[and others) in the early days of Motown. Rest in peace Andre.

He had a rough relationship with Berry...who fired/rehired him several times.
    There was a story that BG fired him..Andre told BG he couldn't.
    .because he'd been fired the week before.

He was a writer and producer of "Let Me Hear You Say [[I Love You)", one of the tracks I was blown away by on the expanded Where Did Our Love Go album.

A life dedicated to making music that lots of people appreciate is a well-spent one, and we can continue enjoying his legacy. My favorite has always been ''Rosa Lee [[Stay Off The Bell)! [[Miracle 4, 1961) Thank you, Mr. Williams!