[REMOVE ADS]

Paul Riser in the news today.

It's been a while since Paul Riser has been in the spotlight.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...elly/39211261/

Paul did a superb job with “I Believe I Can Fly”, which is one of the hyper few R. Kelly songs I can still enjoy following the allegations. But I agree with his overall point.

never mind .
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 03-17-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    Paul did a superb job with “I Believe I Can Fly”, which is one of the hyper few R. Kelly songs I can still enjoy following the allegations. But I agree with his overall point.
    You can still enjoy it???

Failures... he committed human trafficking and molested girls... I...

Lord Jesus help me!

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    You can still enjoy it???
    It’s just one song! Again, one of only a handful at most! No creepy backstory to ruin it. But I’m not the only one catching hell for admitting to this! A politician got an asschewing on Twitter for dancing to a COVER of the song at a church.

His songs are great. I'm stocking up on his stuff now.

Paul Riser has been around for decades. I've enjoyed his work very much. His name, like Russ Terrana's is in the credits of all of those albums I've bought over the years.
    Last edited by marv2; 03-17-2019 at 04:10 PM.

It’s just one song! Again, one of only a handful at most! No creepy backstory to ruin it. But I’m not the only one catching hell for admitting to this! A politician got an asschewing on Twitter for dancing to a COVER of the song at a church.
    Yeah but the guy behind it though...

Suit yourself!

Not just any politician, either...it was the mayor of NYC. He can kiss his presidential aspirations goodbye.

Sick of scandals. Especially if they're not true. People love tearing others down and believing the worst with no evidence. The so-called documentary people need to be hit with a brick too.

I didn't know Paul Riser was involved in "I Believe I Can Fly"!

Quote Originally Posted by Fourtopsbiggestfan View Post
    Sick of scandals. Especially if they're not true. People love tearing others down and believing the worst with no evidence. The so-called documentary people need to be hit with a brick too.
    I’m sorry, but R. Kelly is guilty! There’s more than enough evidence and receipts to prove so. If you still enjoy his music, that’s okay! As long as you can hold him accountable for his actions as well.

This thread started out about the wonderful Paul Riser, and now the subject of R. Kelly seeps in. I am sure there are discussions all out there as to what type of litmus test must be passed before we are 'allowed' to listen to an artist's music.

Regarding R. Kelly, after the recent scandal, I noticed my Ultimate Inspiration [[Pop Music) playlist of 18 songs had 6 that were written by R. Kelly: I Believe I Can Fly [[I love Yolanda Adam's live version) , The Storm is Over Now, The Greatest [[from the Ali movie), I'll Be Your Angel [[duet with Celine Dion), You Are Not Alone, and I Look to You. The man can write some powerful, inspirational words and music. No, I do not condone this vile actions.

The next thing y'all will be saying is I can't listen to Michael Jackson's music anymore...oh, folk are already saying that.

When do we separate the art from the artist? Or do we ever?

It is difficult. These men have [[probably / definitely) done some [[very) bad things. But I do think there is something to be said in being able to separate the man from his music.

I guess the inspirational stuff can be spared. Honestly I like Gerald Levert and Yolanda Adams' version of IBICF.