[REMOVE ADS]

Cholly Atkins Taught Motown to Dance. His Moves Get an Update in ‘Ain’t Too Proud.’

Great article, thanks PNH! I now realise I didn't know much about Cholly Atkins!! A shame he isn't included in the musical, but, as the article says, you can think of him as more "behind the scenes".

Also, please come to the UK so I can watch it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Great article, thanks PNH! I now realise I didn't know much about Cholly Atkins!! A shame he isn't included in the musical, but, as the article says, you can think of him as more "behind the scenes".
    Hey Tom - yes, he should be at least mentioned as choreography was so central to the Temptations. We'll hope the show is a big hit and makes it to your shores! Hope you are well -

I visited with Cholly at his Las Vegas home a few years before he passed. He had a den where he'd go to when he wanted to do 'dance / music' related tasks. The den's walls were filled with gold discs the Motown acts [[& O'Jays) had presented to him. He also had dozens & dozens of Motown / O'Jays live show back stage passes. We seemed to get on well and when I was leaving he presented me with one of his Temptations backstage passes.
    It was hoped that his 'music collection' would be donated to a museum but his wife outlived him & she needed cash after his passing. So his collection was auctioned off & split up. Right up to his death, if a Motown act was on in Vegas, he'd always be invited along to the show. All the artists held him in very high regard.