[REMOVE ADS]

Fan gets a little too close to Diana Ross...

Any guesses who this might be? I know I have my suspicions...
    https://pagesix.com/2019/03/13/fan-b...e-concert/amp/

OMG! He poked her in her gut! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You would condone this and think it was funny! You are really something!

He touched her on, or near her private parts. That is not cool, and it is definitely not funny. That behavior is disgusting.

jail time for that loser.

Lol - that’s an assault legally

Of course she’d never do anything about it; she knows how to deal with jerks

Disgraceful behaviour for anyone to endure. What a total lack of respect for another person.

#laughingstock at it again. But Diana's bodyguard still has his camera.

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    Any guesses who this might be? I know I have my suspicions...
    https://pagesix.com/2019/03/13/fan-b...e-concert/amp/
    I thought the same thing. #laughingstock. 2 pigs in a blanket.

Angry

I certainly hope this halfwit was charged. A brave guy indeed, assaulting a woman in her 70's. A male performer might not have let him off so lightly.
    On a different note, it must be a tad frustrating for any singer to perform to a sea of mobile phones. What ever happened to being in the moment?.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 03-14-2019 at 07:52 AM.

OMG could you be any more sexist and disgusting?

I'm sure Miss Ross is used to fans reaching out and touching her. But that poke had to be irritating and it did seem to be aggressive, especially because it was followed by him giving her the finger. Some people don't know how to act. Remember the guy that was trying to show his butt at a Patti Labelle concert? I can see this stuff happening when these women were in their prime, but at this stage? Who the hell gets that turned up at a Ross or Labelle concert?

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    On a different note, it must be a tad frustrating for any singer to perform to a sea of mobile phones. What ever happened to being in the moment?.
    Agreed and I don't know why more performers aren't requiring that the phones be put away during the show, particularly during performances. As a fan I'll be damned if I spend X amount of money for a ticket to a show and then spend the entire time trying to manage my phone instead of watching the performer's every move. Society is dumbing down with every passing second. I'm convinced of it.

The Pillsbury Doughboy was scary as a kid with that annoying giggle, I'd scream and cover my ears at Kroger whenever his commercial came on and they didn't know why.....i almost always though it was stupid to randomly poke Poppin' Fresh and he would do a two-chuckle laugh.

I know it's just a commercial, but it sends the wrong message to kids that it's ok to poke someone in the stomach. I don't know if they got it from the Pillsbury commercials, but it's not ok to poke in the stomach.

So why do it to the former lead singer of The Supremes with her solo career now?

I saw this incident from another angle. He did not poke her abdomen, it was her thigh he touched.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    He touched her on, or near her private parts. That is not cool, and it is definitely not funny. That behavior is disgusting.
    Very disgusting. And the idiot had the nerve to put his drink on the stage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Agreed and I don't know why more performers aren't requiring that the phones be put away during the show, particularly during performances. As a fan I'll be damned if I spend X amount of money for a ticket to a show and then spend the entire time trying to manage my phone instead of watching the performer's every move. Society is dumbing down with every passing second. I'm convinced of it.

I agree with you. I've been to quite a few shows where people are looking at their phones, going to Facebook, etc. At the last Aretha concert I attended, the guy next to me kept asking me the name of the songs she was performing. I was getting a bit sick of it until I realized he was making a playlist. So I gave him some slack. I have heard of shows recently where they took phones away and placed them in a plastic bag for retrieving later. I guess every venue doesn't have that capability yet.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I agree with you. I've been to quite a few shows where people are looking at their phones, going to Facebook, etc. At the last Aretha concert I attended, the guy next to me kept asking me the name of the songs she was performing. I was getting a bit sick of it until I realized he was making a playlist. So I gave him some slack. I have heard of shows recently where they took phones away and placed them in a plastic bag for retrieving later. I guess every venue doesn't have that capability yet.
    I wonder if it is the venue, or the audience. There were a sea of phones recording the last Diana concert that I attended. I paid to see it live, not through a three inch screen.

Broadway shows still require and announce that all recording devices be shut off. The Broadway audiences seem to accept this and do comply.

Quote Originally Posted by IMissFlo93 View Post
    The Pillsbury Doughboy was scary as a kid with that annoying giggle, I'd scream and cover my ears at Kroger whenever his commercial came on and they didn't know why.....i almost always though it was stupid to randomly poke Poppin' Fresh and he would do a two-chuckle laugh.

I know it's just a commercial, but it sends the wrong message to kids that it's ok to poke someone in the stomach. I don't know if they got it from the Pillsbury commercials, but it's not ok to poke in the stomach.

So why do it to the former lead singer of The Supremes with her solo career now?
    hehehehehehehehhe!!!!! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    The venue being involved is a good point, but I would think the artists themselves would require it. Especially someone like Diana, who I can imagine stopping a song right in the middle and demanding people quit it with the phones and enjoy the show. "Experience me," she snaps. "Not your phone screens." I think she might be mellowing out just a bit in her older age because this would not have gone down with 1980s and 90s Diana...assuming we had camera phones at the time. She would've shut that crap down quick.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    The venue being involved is a good point, but I would think the artists themselves would require it. Especially someone like Diana, who I can imagine stopping a song right in the middle and demanding people quit it with the phones and enjoy the show. "Experience me," she snaps. "Not your phone screens." I think she might be mellowing out just a bit in her older age because this would not have gone down with 1980s and 90s Diana...assuming we had camera phones at the time. She would've shut that crap down quick.
    I think she might have done that a few times at some shows, even turning off video screens. But you know, whenever Diana does something, it becomes drama whereas if another artist does it, it's ok.

I do remember being at a show where a guy had a large tablet in the audience. Diana said something like "What's that?" He handed it to her and she mock ran away with it to the other side of the stage before coming back and returning it to him.

Anyone condoning or being amused by an unfamiliar man touching a woman like this is despicable and has identified themselves as such. Really surprised at the reactions here sometimes, but I guess by now I shouldn't be now.

It's not funny marv2 poking fun at someone's childhood fears unless they say so.

What a disgusting creature you are. You would get vertigo in a sewer. I can only imagine your reaction had this happened to Mary Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    What a disgusting creature you are. You would get vertigo in a sewer. I can only imagine your reaction had this happened to Mary Wilson.
    I previously had a bit of empathy for this person. Now I struggle to have empathy for his mother. 'Disgusting creature' defines it well.

That really is horrendous behavior. You might excuse the poke as just an over zealous fan acting out, but him giving her the finger afterwards says it all really.

Marv, my friend, it's not worthy of you to trivialize the behavior of that jackass. As someone else pointed out, think if it was Mary Wilson. Would you still find it funny? I doubt it. No matter how much you dislike Diane Ross, it's just not acceptable to treat someone like that, celebrity or no.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    That really is horrendous behavior. You might excuse the poke as just an over zealous fan acting out, but him giving her the finger afterwards says it all really.

Marv, my friend, it's not worthy of you to trivialize the behavior of that jackass. As someone else pointed out, think if it was Mary Wilson. Would you still find it funny? I doubt it. No matter how much you dislike Diane Ross, it's just not acceptable to treat someone like that, celebrity or no.
    Unfortunately it's not only worthy of #laughingstock, it's who he is. He's defined himself for years.

Not that i really want to see it happen, but the video won't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by IMissFlo93 View Post

You know, I honestly never thought of it before but I think your point is well taken. Back in the day, it was okay to make fun of someone being fat, and that Pillsbury Doughboy I think is an example of that. I think the poke in the stomach, though it seemed cute at the time, was really a form of fat shaming and sends a bad message even with a cartoon character.

If you watch reruns of old game shows - I mean the really old ones from the 60s and 70s - there are lots of jokes that you could never get away with now. I saw an episode of "Tattle Tales," kind of a "Newlywed Game" but not for newlyweds and with celebrity couples, where Christopher George joked about beating his wife Lynda Day George, and everyone thought it was hilarious. And on an old [[older than "Tattle Tales") episode of "To Tell the Truth," Arlene Francis made fun of a woman's weight saying she could play for the Los Angeles Rams. I'm sure back then no one meant it in a mean spirited way; it was just humor that was viewed as acceptable and funny.

Although many feel there's too much political correctness today, I'm glad it's no longer okay to joke about people's weight that way. Overweight people - of which I used to be one - have to laugh a lot off a lot of s*** that comes their way, I'm sure even today.

Now imagine it was Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    You know, I honestly never thought of it before but I think your point is well taken. Back in the day, it was okay to make fun of someone being fat, and that Pillsbury Doughboy I think is an example of that. I think the poke in the stomach, though it seemed cute at the time, was really a form of fat shaming and sends a bad message even with a cartoon character.

If you watch reruns of old game shows - I mean the really old ones from the 60s and 70s - there are lots of jokes that you could never get away with now. I saw an episode of "Tattle Tales," kind of a "Newlywed Game" but not for newlyweds and with celebrity couples, where Christopher George joked about beating his wife Lynda Day George, and everyone thought it was hilarious. And on an old [[older than "Tattle Tales") episode of "To Tell the Truth," Arlene Francis made fun of a woman's weight saying she could play for the Los Angeles Rams. I'm sure back then no one meant it in a mean spirited way; it was just humor that was viewed as acceptable and funny.

Although many feel there's too much political correctness today, I'm glad it's no longer okay to joke about people's weight that way. Overweight people - of which I used to be one - have to laugh a lot off a lot of s*** that comes their way, I'm sure even today.
    Yet, from time to time, Pillsbury STILL encourages this type of behavior. They've got to get rid of the giggle. If Nabisco can change their animal crackers box due to pressure from a hypocritical animal rights group, so can the Doughboy control his giggles and nobody should poke in the stomach anymore.

So when everyone first saw this story did you all think it was who I thought it was? Lol

I don't think a Ross fan would have been so obnoxious and disrespectful. This lousy dude was a drunk and at some aging hipster party who thought everything at this party was his to manhandle. Disgusting indeed.

I am sure Ross was well-compensated [[deservedly) for her appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    So when everyone first saw this story did you all think it was who I thought it was? Lol
    Yes. We all did. #laughingstock.

Classless act.....total disrespect towards the performer and everyone who paid to enjoy the evening who endured it....do some people actually go to events these days intending to do outrageous things thinking it make them the star of the moment via social media?...there is a very early B&W clip of the Marvellettes at the Apollo [[?) singing Locking Up My Heart at breakneck pace...a good natured and fun loving fan is flirting back and forth with Wanda. He suddenly jumps on the stage, dances with Wanda who is singing and enjoying it, and then runs over and forms a train with the other girls who are dancing into the wings...that was harmless and fun...and over 50 years ago! BTW..Wanda appears to "moonwalk" in high heels here too...clip is on youtube...I believe its Motorcity or Motown at the Apollo
    Last edited by gman; 03-15-2019 at 07:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    Classless act.....total disrespect towards the performer and everyone who paid to enjoy the evening who endured it....do some people actually go to events these days intending to do outrageous things thinking it make them the star of the moment via social media?...there is a very early B&W clip of the Marvellettes at the Apollo [[?) singing Locking Up My Heart at breakneck pace...a good natured and fun loving fan is flirting back and forth with Wanda. He suddenly jumps on the stage, dances with Wanda who is singing and enjoying it, and then runs over and forms a train with the other girls who are dancing into the wings...that was harmless and fun...and over 50 years ago! BTW..Wanda appears to "moonwalk" in high heels here too...clip is on youtube...I believe its Motorcity or Motown at the Apollo
    I love that clip, especially how the Marvelettes change microphones whether it's Gladys or Wanda on lead. Such a fun looking show. A great book on this era is "Showtime at the Apollo." The author talks all about the great performers from the 40s through the 60s who played at the Apollo and really makes me wish I could have been there.

Go get em Diana with your Detroit back alley swing.

I would think most performers would have physically backed off to the other side of the stage or simply moved far away from that guy. She is lucky that he didn’t grab her hand when she took a swipe at him. Then it would not have played out like it did. She could have been severely injured by that nutball. but then again if she hurt him he prob would have sued her! Stranger things have happened.

Wendy........

Wendy........

Wendys as crass and fowl as you but its real funny that your now promoting Wendy when you talked about her like a dog in 2016. Now shes trashing Aretha whos a*s she used to kiss when Aretha was alive.

I take it you're not that familiar with Wendy. Wendy is a jerk! I've listened to her when she use to only be on the radio in New York going back 20 years ago. She is more into the hype and gossip than substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Wendys as crass and fowl as you but its real funny that your now promoting Wendy when you talked about her like a dog in 2016. Now shes trashing Aretha whos a*s she used to kiss when Aretha was alive.
    I bet this fool forget he had posted this Roberta. Thank you for reminding us. "laughingstock" is the village idiot of this here forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Wow. How funny. He should keep track on what he posts. Hehehehehehe!!

Miss Ross always has had a beautiful connection with her audience, this one disgusting, unruly audience member surely will not ruin that.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Wow. How funny. He should keep track on what he posts. Hehehehehehe!!
    Yes, he does a splendid job of making himself look stupid and foolish. He doesn't need any help from us. He is more than capable of doing it single handedly ������

too bad she didn't have a mic stand nearby to smash him over the head with ..
    CBGB style..lol as Wayne, who is now Jayne County did with homophobic Dick Manitoba in the mid 70's "[["Fun With Dick And Jayne" in the book "Please Kill Me")

and you wonder why the Stones hired Hell's Angels.....

Watched that Wendy footage. She apparently does not like Miss Ross, but the crude stuff she said about this incident I think shocked even her lock-step audience . I can just imagine if it had happened to HER. she ain't no spring chicken either. [[ Does she have to wear an eye mask at night to sleep? and how does she keep it from sticking to her eyeballs?)
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 03-18-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Actually Wendy does like Diana. She has talked about her quite a few times during the hot topics segment, in a positive manner. Wendy just says wild controversial stuff all the time, that cause people to give her the side eye. During one of her milestone episodes, maybe the 100th show she came out like Diana to the song “I’m coming out”, and she has said that her personal theme song during college was “The boss” and how it’s her go to karaoke song.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    love it Bluebrock,.thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Actually Wendy does like Diana. She has talked about her quite a few times during the hot topics segment, in a positive manner. Wendy just says wild controversial stuff all the time, that cause people to give her the side eye. During one of her milestone episodes, maybe the 100th show she came out like Diana to the song “I’m coming out”, and she has said that her personal theme song during college was “The boss” and how it’s her go to karaoke song.
    So true. I was quite surprised by Wendy. She usually sticks up for Diana Ross. One time she was making fun of the way Aretha was dressed and then showed a picture of Diana and said this is the way it should be done complementing Diana.