[REMOVE ADS]

Ode to Billy Joe - Martha Reeves and The Vandellas

Hi Folks,

this track has a breathless arrangement. Itīs very amazing to hear that version, I recognize there are backround vocals. IMHO itīs better than Diana`s solo under DRATS. This is avery special question for the MR&TV experts, so the backround vocals took over by the original Vandellas or are The Andantes. Thanks for clarify.

I'm pretty sure that it's the Andantes behind Martha on this one.

Such a great rendition of a great song. You'd almost think it was written for Martha, like "Honey Chile" it really seems to bring out her Southern roots.

Thatīs a little mysterious because that song needs no backround vocals, so the the orginial by Bobby Gentry are without backround vocals too. Why recorded Motown the song with Martha Reeves and The Andantes under MRTV, when they need no backround vocals for the song ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fullfillingnessfirstfinale View Post
    Thatīs a little mysterious because that song needs no backround vocals, so the the orginial by Bobby Gentry are without backround vocals too. Why recorded Motown the song with Martha Reeves and The Andantes under MRTV, when they need no backround vocals for the song ?
    I absolutely love this, and I agree no background voices are needed. In fact, the polished sounds of the Andantes are rather distracting on this 'earthy' song.