[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross as a Supreme recording solo

Yesterday, I was listening to the Diana Ross & the Supremes version of "With a Child's Heart" and noticed there are no Supremes and no backup singers whatsoever. This, along with "Yesterday", was the only recording I could think of where this occurred with the exception of "Didn't We" which was on the live Farewell album which I don't consider a regular studio album.

Can you come up with other recordings of the Supremes OR Diana Ross & the Supremes [[regular studio albums) where Diana sings solo without any background singers [[this includes choirs)?

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    Yesterday, I was listening to the Diana Ross & the Supremes version of "With a Child's Heart" and noticed there are no Supremes and no backup singers whatsoever. This, along with "Yesterday", was the only recording I could think of where this occurred with the exception of "Didn't We" which was on the live Farewell album which I don't consider a regular studio album.

Can you come up with other recordings of the Supremes OR Diana Ross & the Supremes [[regular studio albums) where Diana sings solo without any background singers [[this includes choirs)?
    Ode To Billie Joe is the only other I can think of...

There is a version of “Come On Boy” that is just Diana alone.

"These Boots Are Made for Walking" from SUPREMES A GO GO.

the alt version of I want a guy - no backgrounds
    Leading Lady medley
    later in the 69 or so she was doing My Man and Didn't We as solo numbers in their show

I haven't listened to it for a while but is People on the FG album [[not the EE) a solo recording?

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    the alt version of I want a guy - no backgrounds
    Leading Lady medley
    later in the 69 or so she was doing My Man and Didn't We as solo numbers in their show

I haven't listened to it for a while but is People on the FG album [[not the EE) a solo recording?
    On meet the supremes expanded edition an early version of i want a guy with no supremes in the mix.

This take of “Honey Bee [[Keep On Stinging Me)” is a Diana solo affair:

^ Wow. Thanks for posting! When was this recorded? Sounds like a younger Diana, pre-Love Child. Almost sounds like it might have fit on Supremes A Go Go.

[[Lol. On this version I finally realized she sings, "And I must confess, I love your sting!")
    Last edited by lucky2012; 03-10-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    This take of “Honey Bee [[Keep On Stinging Me)” is a Diana solo affair
    It's one of several incomplete recordings during this time like "Ain't No Sun Since You've Been Gone," "Wish I Knew," and "I Can't Give Back The Love I Feel For You." They were all intended to have Supremes background vocals, but never were completed.