[REMOVE ADS]

How to get tickets to Diana Ross’s Birthday Party

If I'm reading this correctly, Diana's birthday party STARTS at 10:00 pm! What 75-year-old starts their birthday party at 10:00 pm!?

In November she faced freezing early morning weather to ride in the Macy's Parade, now this. She is pretty incredible , doing this kind of scheduling , I'm impressed.

I heard they are already sold out.

Geez we are spending a lot on these ladies......got our tix for this - I hope it’s warm in LA - it’s freezing here! GA standing Tix were 149.99 floor seats were 675 and balcony seats 199-599. Also doing 3 Mary shows in June which are expensive also. Anyone need a kidney?

I couldn't do it. The Palladium is a SRO general admission venue. It was billed as "Diamond Diana: Family and Friends." My mind instantly went back to the horror of Evan's opening set at The Hollywood Bowl several years ago.

I couldn't imagine standing all night for her to come out and sing 2 or 3 songs. It starts at 10pm [[on a Tuesday) so it won't be a full show. Seats in the balcony with a view of the stage started at $575.

I hope it is an enjoyable, memorable event for TheMotownManiac and any others who attend. Please tell us everything.

I love Miss Ross, but my SRO days are long over. I did try to get lower price balcony tickets but everything sold out quickly. Maybe there will be a DVD. I hope everyone who did get tickets has a wonderful time. And yes, please tell us everything.

Seats in the balcony and on the floor started at 199.00......premium seats went up to 675 and are all gone I believe. She tweeted today and asked for requests for that night which I think will have surprises as one of her band members told fans in Vegas they were working on a lot of great new songs for this event. I can’t imagine her only singing 2-3 songs. Did you hear that or just speculating?

I just checked the ticket prices. Sorry, that’s way too much and a bit ridiculous if you ask me. $725 for Row A seats in the balcony?! She better be performing “He’s My Sunny Boy” with Mary, Cindy, and the Andantes for that price.

I honestly don’t expect much for song surprises from her on this. She’ll probably have Rhonda perform, Evan and Ashlee sing their stuff, her grandson will do some dance thing, etc. She’ll come out for a second act and do her usual gig. I could see Lionel Richie as a surprise and they do “Endless Love.” Maybe Berry Gordy will come out. They’ll roll out a birthday cake, sing “Happy Birthday” with her family and close it out with something like “Reach Out And Touch” or “I Will Survive.” Don’t expect her to do “Surrender” or “Let’s Go Up,” or “The Composer.” There may be two or three songs as a surprise, but expect the usual hits.
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 03-08-2019 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    Seats in the balcony and on the floor started at 199.00......premium seats went up to 675 and are all gone I believe. She tweeted today and asked for requests for that night which I think will have surprises as one of her band members told fans in Vegas they were working on a lot of great new songs for this event. I can’t imagine her only singing 2-3 songs. Did you hear that or just speculating?
    No, I've heard nothing about the show. A bad sign in itself. Ross is not renowned for 'positive' surprises. The less we know about the show the greater the cause for suspicion.

Doors open at 10pm that means the show likely won't start until 11pm or later. I don't know how the "family and friends" part works but Ross will probably not do her full 75 minute show until 1am on a Tuesday night.

I will be thrilled to be wrong.

I hope so - if she only does 2-3 songs as you suggested, i’m Coming after YOU for giving her the idea! jk

i don’t know what to expect, I doubt it will be the full show but it might be a chance to hob nob with BG or other luminaries, plus - it’s fucking freezing here and it’s worth it just to get to SoCal for ANY reason.

The reason doors open at 10pm at the Palladium is because that gives her entourage and all patrons attending this event time to get from either the Beverly Hills or Universal Studios [[Studio City) theaters where the "Her Life & Legacy" film will be screened first. The Palladium show is the "evening" portion of that day's entertainment.

This will be Show #243 for me, and though my fan-boy days have long been over [[haven't attended any Vegas residencies, but did do Hollywood Bowl last year), this current "L.A. fest" feels like the old days when she'd do many special events right here in the neighborhood. First the Grammy Awards, then the Motown60 taping, now her big 75th. I dislike multiple-act festivities, but these have been fun to attend. I got balcony tix because I didn't inherit the gene to create fabulous glam outfits, as the invitations called for. [[lol) I imagine most of the revelers will be on the Palladium's main floor. I just want to enjoy her special day with some friends and hopefully get to say hello and grab a pic with Mr. Gordy. I'm sure a fun night is guaranteed for all.

I’m celebrating my fifty years of fandom in a way I never imagined: WITH Diana Ross on her 75th birthday. And not just Diana Ross:a Diana Ross looking, sounding, moving, performing and being light years better that I could ever have imagined while watching the hair toss on YCHL Sullivan fall of ‘66. ‘What do you think she’ll be like at 75?” “Probably in a home or wheel chair capable of only changing her diaper 5 times a night.”

So, while for some it seems a certain expectation is expected of expected to disappoint, the fact that I’m going to be there with my hubby among many others who love her, us enough. How many songs Diana or Evan sings is not a worry to me. I recall when, after a surprise instant sellout with no new dates open to add, her promoter suggested she charge $125[[?) for disappointed ticketless fans to watch sound check in Austin. She walked out in jeans to nearly a full house going wild at like 3 in the afternoon. She was flabbergasted at the number of attendees and said so. She also said she usually only sings a few bars from several songs to get levels correct, but felt terrible so many people were there and she had a feeling they were expecting a lot more than what she normally does sound check…… she asked if ads suggested she’d be singing and everyone said no, only that sound levels and mixing were what to expect. She said it felt really awkward with so many people out there who had bought tickets to something that might only take a half hour with her back to the audience ...... She then took requests from the audience and sang to us for a while and shook hands with dozens of thrilled fans. She clearly did not want to disappoint us as I think that means something to her. It’ll be a great experience regardless of the show per se. I too want to get a pic with BG and Smokey if he’s there.

I recall when, after a surprise instant sellout with no new dates open to add, her promoter suggested she charge $125[[?) for disappointed ticketless fans to watch sound check in Austin. She walked out in jeans to nearly a full house going wild at like 3 in the afternoon.
    She and her promoters charged people $125 to watch her do a 30-minute sound check? That’s the same price they charge for a full show by her. It’s nice she took her time meeting the audience and taking requests, but to charge $125 for that is just plain ridiculous.

Sooooo....who actually BOUGHT a ticket, regardless of ridiculous prices?

ALSO let's hope there's HUGE security, this is Diana Ross we are talking about.

Has it gotten that bad? Does she have to charge people money to attend her birthday party? You mean she doesn't have any friends that like her enough to throw her a birthday party? Wow! Does she need the money? Sad.......

Will the "friends" be the same old cast of characters that always show up for her? Or will there be new faces?

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    She and her promoters charged people $125 to watch her do a 30-minute sound check? That’s the same price they charge for a full show by her. It’s nice she took her time meeting the audience and taking requests, but to charge $125 for that is just plain ridiculous.
    my hubby clarified a few deets:

tix were $60, but I bought front rows on stubhub for 125 each - othweise it was the back of the theater on ticketmaster. I knew I paid that much, but forgot the stubhub connection. Was worth it as I could hear everything she said to the production people and band.

The sound check was the day before the date, but she had a benefit that night so they couldn’t add a date.

Another fans experience below

https://www.lauraelizabethm.com/blog...ross-yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Has it gotten that bad? Does she have to charge people money to attend her birthday party? You mean she doesn't have any friends that like her enough to throw her a birthday party? Wow! Does she need the money? Sad.......
    1) Yes, clearly she needs money that bad. It IS, indeed, very sad. I’m worried about her. You were right after all when you announced on another forum that she was broke due to greedy, bad investments.

2) I don’t understand your question: what does “having to charge to attend her birthday party” indicate exactly?

my hubby clarified a few deets:

tix were $60, but I bought front rows on stubhub for 125 each - othweise it was the back of the theater on ticketmaster. I knew I paid that much, but forgot the stubhub connection. Was worth it as I could hear everything she said to the production people and band.

The sound check was the day before the date, but she had a benefit that night so they couldn’t add a date.

Another fans experience below

https://www.lauraelizabethm.com/blog...ross-yesterday
    I think it's kinda cool to see an artist working in process and that she was willing to do something like that. Kinda behind-the-scenes glimpse. I would love go to something like that, but because it's soundcheck and how she's not fully performing the songs or using her full voice, I do think the promoters should have reconsidered the price. $30 tops in my book. Glad you had a good time though.

1) ou were right after all when you announced on another forum that she was broke due to greedy, bad investments.
    That Bernie Madoff story was another lie he told about Diane Ross and hes yet to prove one lick of evidence to back it up. hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    I think it's kinda cool to see an artist working in process and that she was willing to do something like that. Kinda behind-the-scenes glimpse. I would love go to something like that, but because it's soundcheck and how she's not fully performing the songs or using her full voice, I do think the promoters should have reconsidered the price. $30 tops in my book. Glad you had a good time though.
    I was secretly hoping for some diva behavior, demands........SOMETHING in that order, but it was all so casual and rote. They played snips of certain songs, talked, repeated sometimes, then she’d say, “let’s try Do You Know” and they knew exactly what part to play. She wouldn’t have sung anything straight through if it wasn’t for us. A lot of time was spent on lighting cues and adjustments. She knows EXACTLY how she wants things to be.

after meeting all the 70s Supremes numerous times, she is my final conquest and this is as close as I’ve come.
    Last edited by TheMotownManiac; 03-09-2019 at 08:29 PM.

1) Yes, clearly she needs money that bad. It IS, indeed, very sad. I’m worried about her. You were right after all when you announced on another forum that she was broke due to greedy, bad investments.

2) I don’t understand your question: what does “having to charge to attend her birthday party” indicate exactly?
    In answer to 2), it means #laughingstock needs to get a life, a change in meds, and perhaps a change of diaper.

I was secretly hoping for some diva behavior, demands........SOMETHING in that order, but it was all so casual and rote. They played snips of certain songs, talked, repeated sometimes, then she’d say, “let’s try Do You Know” and they knew exactly what part to play. She wouldn’t have sung anything straight through if it wasn’t for us. A lot of time was spent on lighting cues and adjustments. She knows EXACTLY how she wants things to be.

after meeting all the 70s Supremes numerous times, she is my final conquest and this is as close as I’ve come.
    I think her crew knows her so well she wouldn't have to demand anything. She's worked with them for so long they all know what works. Her and Mary are very much alike when it comes to this. I've been to a few soundchecks with Mary and she knows exactly the process and what she wants. Plus I don't think Diana would flip out or be unprofessional if something wasn't right in soundcheck especially in front of an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Will the "friends" be the same old cast of characters that always show up for her? Or will there be new faces?
    At $199 to stand for 3 hours? Would a new face do that?

Sounds awesome MotownManiac! Have a great time and tell us all about it.

There was a big price drop for tickets to her birthday party.
    Tickets for her Central Park concert show are not selling.
    Maybe her weak Grammy performance did not translate into interest and ticket sales.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 03-15-2019 at 05:22 PM.

There was a big price drop for tickets to her birthday party.
    Tickets for her Central Park concert show are not selling.
    Maybe her weak Grammy performance did not translate into interest and ticket sales.
    I had heard the birthday party concert sold out within minutes! And may I ask you where you got your information for the Central Park theatre release. It is being shown in over 700 theaters around the world. Has every theater been polled? It is being shown in movie house theaters. Many people buy their tickets at the box office right before the showing. Please provide a link for your information you are reporting.

Go to the Hollywood Palladium website and look at the ticket prices. Standing room has dropped from $149 to $99. The reserved seating area prices are also lower. This show is far from sold out. There might be a further price chop depending on how many or few tickets are left. If they are planning to record this show, they want a full house.

Regarding her Central Park show movie event, Fathom Events has a niche audience that typically buys tickets online because they can pick their own reserved seat. I have gone to several Fathom Events shows and most are almost sold out prior to showtime because they do little or no advertising that would encourage walk-ins.
    Fathomevents.com

Some cities have yet to sell a single ticket to her concert show. Rhonda recently started to promote the show to garner ticket sales.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 03-16-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Go to the Hollywood Palladium website and look at the ticket prices. Standing room has dropped from $149 to $99. The reserved seating area prices are also lower. This show is far from sold out. There might be a further price chop depending on how many or few tickets are left. If they are planning to record this show, they want a full house.

Regarding her Central Park show movie event, Fathom Events has a niche audience that typically buys tickets online because they can pick their own reserved seat. I have gone to several Fathom Events shows and most are almost sold out prior to showtime because they do little or no advertising that would encourage walk-ins.
    Fathomevents.com

Some cities have yet to sell a single ticket to her concert show. Rhonda recently started to promote the show to garner ticket sales.
    If your sitting home checking every theater thats palying the Central Park Concert to see how many seats have sold or not sold your probably the saddest as*ed person next to her number 1 stalker in the country. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    If your sitting home checking every theater thats palying the Central Park Concert to see how many seats have sold or not sold your probably the saddest as*ed person next to her number 1 stalker in the country. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
    ote anti-Diana posters are ... pathetic. I do wish them well. A sad way to waste their lives. Love our Miss Ross and really look forward to the movie night!

The anti-Diana posters are ... pathetic. I do wish them well. A sad way to waste their lives. 49+ years on and they still think she will not make it as a solo act. Love our Miss Ross and really look forward to the movie night!

Well said Roberta. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Well said Roberta. Lol.
    These people are real pitiful and just wallow in negativity.

I've seen the drama on the comments section on YouTube and I'm not naming names but boy the flame wars of Diana Ross and Mary Wilson between a certain group of ....you should know.

This is an illusion. If it was a war, it ended decades ago and we know the name of the winner